Pictorial On How To Post Pictures

Guest Enzo

a guide to uploading pictures.

once you have the picture on your pc you need to register with a site such as photobucket or Flickr.

i will use photobucket as an example here.

after you have registered there are two basic steps to getting your pictures online that should be familiar in no time at all

• step 1 involves clicking on browse until you find the required picture on your pc then upload it to photobucket by clicking the upload button.

once the picture has uploaded you will be left with a set of url addresses(uniform resource locator- the bit that goes in the address bar)

• step 2 invovles highlighting the url link called image code (as it is wrapped in
    imageuploadphotobucketexample.png

after that its just a case of right clicking and pasting the link into your word pad when posting- note the url is rapped in img tags already so no need to post tags in the editor.
  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs to be a direct link to the image, and tags should be like if there are no image tags already there.

If you're on Firefox you can right click on images and click on "copy image location", that gives you the direct link to the image, then you just whack some tags round it and you're done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
a guide to uploading pictures.

once you have the picture on your pc you need to register with a site such as photobucket or Flickr.

i will use photobucket as an example here.

after you have registered there are two basic steps to getting your pictures online that should be familiar in no time at all

• step 1 involves clicking on browse until you find the required picture on your pc then upload it to photobucket by clicking the upload button.

once the picture has uploaded you will be left with a set of url addresses(uniform resource locator- the bit that goes in the address bar)

• step 2 invovles highlighting the url link called image code (as it is wrapped in
    imageuploadphotobucketexample.png

after that its just a case of right clicking and pasting the link into your word pad when posting- note the url is rapped in img tags already so no need to post tags in the editor.

ok thanks for that another question where is the word pad?
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

img code doesnt work for me either

if this helps and geo doesnt mind me saying do it my way it might solve the confusion

when i upload pics i use the html code. copy and paste it into the "insert image" box on the reply folder on here then click enter

your image should come up as well as a little box above it with a red cross in it above it then this >>> "> at the end. simply remove these and hey presto \/\/\/\/

Photo0215.jpg

This is the only method that works for me. so if the IMG code wont work do the HTML code but you must get rid of them gay little bits or this will come up : "Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags are not allowed"

I know this might sound a bit complicated but its really not once you get the hang of it

hope this sheds a bit more light on problems :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...