Common problems and issues ?

People bullshitting about mods and claiming more power than it is.

If you want a some advise post the adverts up on here and get some of our opinions, theres a lot of people that can flush out the bs pretty quickly.

As for things to look out for the usual, they are old so rust, smoke, the odd knock. Its advisable to do a compression check as the stock engines dont like too much boost and can crack ringlands on the pistons. Gearbox crunches into 2nd and 3rd.

Stay away from any in the high Wycombe area there's a few lads down that way selling pikey as hell cars quite a few people have been caught out.

Other than that just keep an eye out for bodge jobs or things that don't sound right most people have ridiculous bhp claims and Spec lists. If your going to look at any always worth posting on here to see if anyone had seen it before or spots flaws in the sales add

I'm from stirling , scotland , but far for me to travel especially after you mentioning that , I've seen a ep82 with toms kit , and hybrid set up , Zisco manifold , dastek ecu etc , hopeing to view it this week , would like to know what to look for in advance

Do you have a link to it? Daniel_g is from Stirling be worth asking him he's Normaly happy to help out. Just be warned he has a tendency to get drunk and sleep with any random females he sees so if he offers To view it with you make sure you don't take your mum/ sister/girlfriend. He's abit of a sex pest

These cars over the last few years have attracted children, void insurances, buy them because they like the noise they make mid shift...

The reality is most of these cars spend their life being ragged... when they start to make funny noises they're put up for sale.

Take a jack take torches take tools and really go through it well before you commit.

Alright bud, where about is the car ? I could possibly have a look over the car with you if its not too far away from Stirling. If you dont have a compression tester its best to buy one and check the engine, i lent mine out to some cunt and never got it back. They are about 40 quid from Halfords and well worth the money.

Alright bud, where about is the car ? I could possibly have a look over the car with you if its not too far away from Stirling. If you dont have a compression tester its best to buy one and check the engine, i lent mine out to some cunt and never got it back. They are about 40 quid from Halfords and well worth the money.

I have a compression tester here mate , it's in Glasgow , so not too far away just shifting my punto gt , then it'll be a go ahead to check it out , it does look decent with the Toms kit , was told

It was running 150hp atw on 1 bar on a hybrid set up , running a dastek ecu ,Not clued up on these and don't want to buy one that's had a hard life .

I have a compression tester here mate , it's in Glasgow , so not too far away just shifting my punto gt , then it'll be a go ahead to check it out , it does look decent with the Toms kit , was told

It was running 150hp atw on 1 bar on a hybrid set up , running a dastek ecu ,Not clued up on these and don't want to buy one that's had a hard life .

Well give me a PM if you want and i could probably take a run over with you to have a look.

Would really recommend a comp test before buying. Try get a few more pics of it I can't think where I no it from. If am not working and your stuck i could try run round and take a look if dans not free id like to think am reasonably competent at starlets by now ha