JUST GOT POINTS ON MY LICENCE :(

Driving means the world to me. I genuinely mean it, its the only thing I get a real buzz from. I pride my own driving, i would like to think of my self as being better than most on our UK roads. But i accept nobody is perfect not me or even my professional driving hero's LETS FACE IT.... everybody f**ks up some times.

Not so long back I got a speeding fine £100 3 points, I paid it as i was doing 68 in a 50 and was caught by a camera van...

Literally last night it just blundered my mind i wanted to get home fast from a stressful long day. and BOOM the speed camera literally just by my own house got me!!

Im abit of an emotional wreck at the moment... from a clean licence to potentially 6 now.

I had plans of purchasing another Glanza or GT Turbo this year as i miss my old Glanza. But now my dreams are wrecked for another 4/5 years :(

The points systems abit of a strange one over here the whole 12 points and the. Staying for 3 years does seem harsh but then I supose when you look at road accident rates it has to be for a reason.

I managed to pick up 3 points for 36 in a 30 after being caught numerous times before doing silly speeds and they couldn't get enough evidence. Made me panic at the time as my job rests on my license aswell but not gonna lie few days later I was back to speeding everywhere. Called my insurance thinking i was gonna be destroyed and the late just went yep that's fine will cost you an extra 7pound a month....

I actually got cheaper insurance having 6 points over 3, because when I did my insurance quote on GOCOMPARE they sent me 2 a insurer that deals with young lads with points.. Insurance is the most backwards thing

Even when I was 17 I could insure a range rover cheaper the my ford fiesta, purely because a range rover had been crashed less then fiestas on insurance records

Anyways points for speeding ain't 2 bad, they don't view them that bad, however of you got caught on a phone, say hello 2 high premiums

You never know, you may get lucky with the camera being empty, on test or some other fault which means you'll get away with it but I imagine a ban may be on the way. If you need your licence to do your job, i'd take it to court and plead with the judge to give you another chance, as they might be lenient.

Admiral will do your insurance cheaper if you've been on a speed awareness course, as statistics show you'll be less likely involved in an accident or caught speeding once you've been on one.

Why the negative comments, when clearly I diddnt want to be in this situation or diddnt want your negativity.

Thanks to everyone who has show consideration.

As for you both, I admitted its me fault .... so I'm not "crying" so stop being keyboard warriors and read.

You have to be very lucky now a-days not to get points, a few weeks ago coming back from a hard night shift half asleep I went through a camera on the m25 at a triple digit, luckily it only flashed once (out of film) and nothing ever came of it. Point is we all do it when we loose our train of thought, or whilst alpha sleeping.

In regards to points, the only ones that really affect your insurance are dangerous driving, drink driving and no insurance etc, I know this as a family member works for an insurance company.

So 6 points on a licence for two speeding tickets wouldn't be enough in my eyes to loose sleep over, just take it easy now as your running out if lives :p

Edited by Bussey

Wow so many negative people.

Somebody told me this was a helpful community, not a community to criticise. :thumbsup:

Man up? Im pretty sure you wouldn't comment to your family members or close friends like that. So please DO NOT comment with negative attitudes.

All up for a laugh and a joke about it but comments like that are un-called for. 8)

I dont think being sympathetic towards speeders makes it an unhelpful community. Your post had no point?if you asked how it would affect your insurance etc then people may have been helpful. But it seems you wrote it purely for sympathy.

I know how you're feeling bud, I was abit silly and got caught doing 43 in a 30, 3 points and a 60 quid fine, insurance didnt seem too arsed about it... then I got another 3, didnt affect my insurance luckily, I tend to watch out a lot more now :p 3 of mine will get written off this year :D

See! at least theres someone out there who knows how I feel!!

Haha, Just waiting on the other offence to come through now I did 53 in a 40 this time... the threshold to do a SAC (speed awareness course) is anything up to 53..... ohh my god!! how lucky was that haha!

Points are daft, in Canada and I'm pretty sure America too, if your caught you pay a big fine and that's it done with. No points or anything like that, tickets are the way forward, if you think about it, people speed and think "potentially 3 points" but over there its "fuck this could cost me a months wages" think a months wages would wise you up quicker