top mount manifold air filter ideas

What have people done when running a top mount manifold im not 1 for using mesh! Ive been thinking cutting a air duct into my quadlight and moving the washer bottle else where but thought id ask first

any help would be appreciated

mine sits at more of an angle so is pretty tight for space! going to look into a saxo electronic steering pump then do away with the stock 1 we will see tho! i used that sort of ducting before on a old setup jay and it didnt last to long with the heat cheers for the ideas tho il keep ya updated on how i get on

you guys that dont run the stock power steering pump but still have power steering, whats the mod you do for a electric PAS pump?

Phil

Yeah I've got nothin atm :) but have a saxo pump just need to make the lines for the rack.

We dont want all that weight over the front axle phil :p

Trying to find one is a challenge in itself

According to Rory@toyotagtturbo.com a non PS rack is doable from a PS rack.

and can be done right(not just looping pipes but removing the piston

Rory...

Never done it myself, but i cant see it being difficult with a fabb'd up bracket to relocate the pump and run new hoses? OR Do what the Honda girlies do, strip down the PAS rack and remove the piston etc therefor effectivly making it a non PAS rack (the correct way) Looping the pipes isnt correct way of doing it. Swapping out for a manual rack will give you a longer lock to lock also.

Phil

Edited by Phil
  • 4 months later...

got a question for the boys with their filter behind the headlight. Does enough cold airflow get to the filter with it being there? Im in the process of putting my top mount kit on and think im gonna have to put the filter there aswell but worried about not getting a decent amount of cold air

Edited by 4efteboost

Jamie thats the manifold i got off you, struggling to make anything fit with the powersteering in the way lol How was it getting a decent airflow to it there? Have seen that it can make a bit of difference when getting mapped if the filter is stuck behind the headlight