Using AD08's on a daily

The time is near and I'll be needing 4 new tyres soon. As a lot of you know my Glanza is my daily boost bus and my only car.

I run Uniroyal rainsports currently and have on my last 3 starlets. Just thinking of taking a step up in performance to try a more 'grippy' tyre. I'd like to give R888's a try not I feel it's too early in the year to go for them as the weather is still pretty shit.

I get the tyres at cost price so a set of 4 isn't really that expensive, what do you recommend!?

Anyone run AD08's on their daily?

I dont use my starlet as a daily but i would say they would be fine in most conditions i dont worry about what weather i drive in in it and you can still lean on them fairly, albeit restrained slightly.

I cant say if they'll be as good as your rs3 in the wet but they're not really aimed at wet weather driving as much as the your's are.

I doubt I'll find anything that's as good as the RS's in the wet really there fantastic.

Think I'm gonna try ad08's.. I don't hammer it round 24/7 and I take it pretty easy in the wet anyway.

Just not sure what else is on par or any better than the RS's as they are all Ive ever ran with T1R's being the exception and I found them awful!

I run them on the dc2 and they are great man,

They are a track derived tyre which perform well in all situations

Awesome. It's between ad08's and R888's but I get the impression the ad08's will be a better choice for daily road use compared to what I imagine is a more all out track tyre with the 888's?.

The uniroyal is a good shout anyway matt but ad08 are a great tyre even in wet conditions they ain't as bad as people make out

Sounds good to me. I've never had anything but good things to say about uniroyals but I just fancy a change and the ad08's are better in the dry than the rainsports, I'm led to believe

thank you for making this thread...

need some new tyres and love the look of these and hear so many good things about them...

also come in exact 17inch size I use!!

yey

also toyo t1 are shit I use them atm

Edited by iamlegend

thank you for making this thread...

need some new tyres and love the look of these and hear so many good things about them...

also come in exact 17inch size I use!!

yey

also toyo t1 are shit I use them atm

Yeah T1R's are pony but R1R's are a more track orientated tyre I think?

I'm thinking about A050-M for mine, for a few reasons. They come in my size, big advantage! Available in Aus, 1 of 2 countries where it's available(!). good grip on wet, but it never rains here anyways... Plus they look great.

t_yha050.jpg?_ex=330x330

its never rains here anyway!!!!

well that doesnt help me much here in Northern Ireland!! id be drier swimming.

on another note, i have 888s on my car and got 2 more and some brandnew R1Rs (with 4 alloys) for £50 quid. thank you dear Tgtt!

Phil