Under seat heating & electric box under my seat?

Does anyone know if underseat heating is standard? I picked up a part from a guy yesterday, he was snooping around my car and noticed I have heaters that go under passenger and drivers seats(no carpet). He said he's never seen them before? Is this not standard?

Also I have a random electric box under my seat, a few wires come out into the dash. Nothing really wrote on it, been in the car since I've had it. The guy said he's never seen that either? :\

I had the heater vents going under the front seats on my old black GT. Must have been an option when new

The box is probably the oem amp

Yeah basically how mine are like, was looking for the word vent but couldn't think what i was called.

Defiantly not a amp though

As grant said.

The box will be an Amp for the stereo.

The heater pipes I'm unsure! Sock's reckons it's a snow edition thing however I'm sure the car we removed them from wasn't a snow edition. I think it was more of an optional extra for rear foot heaters... The car also had an oversized heater matrix! Twice the size. Whether it's related or not I'm not sure.

As grant said.

The box will be an Amp for the stereo.

The heater pipes I'm unsure! Sock's reckons it's a snow edition thing however I'm sure the car we removed them from wasn't a snow edition. I think it was more of an optional extra for rear foot heaters... The car also had an oversized heater matrix! Twice the size. Whether it's related or not I'm not sure.

Really, it's not very big? Got a pic of oem amp?

Yeah I doubt my car is a snow edition :| Ahhh where's the heat matrix, is it easy to check mine? Also I have the "Auto" setting on my heater controls, which is like the special climate control thingy right?

My 85 has the underfloor heating and had a huge heater box, was speaking to Socks in a thread and i reckoned it could be a something to do with a winter spec, maybe not but it makes sense.

The box is an optional AMP.

Edited by daniel_g

My 85 has the underfloor heating and had a huge heater box, was speaking to Socks in a thread and i reckoned it could be a something to do with a winter spec, maybe not but it makes sense.

The box is an optional AMP.

That would be pretty awesome to find out I have a winter spec car, Even with the sunroof LOL?

Hmm, I'll get pics soon but it's only like size of a ECU?

Really, it's not very big? Got a pic of oem amp?

Yeah I doubt my car is a snow edition :| Ahhh where's the heat matrix, is it easy to check mine? Also I have the "Auto" setting on my heater controls, which is like the special climate control thingy right?

I'm afraid the heater matrix is tucked up behind the dash and isn't really accessible what so ever unless you take the dash and heater box out lol! It's a shit job. I'm on my way to work on my GT now and have an amp so I'll upload a picture.

Got some pics, before anyone says anything...YES it's messy I have a axle in the boot as well and bad pics haha

Best heater pics I can take:

rw9xzlc.jpg

KUJgzmV.jpg

CiwYLBb.jpg

Random box under seat pics:

R1G7aru.jpg

fQsmZSu.jpg

Any ideas lads?!

Also just to say, they both identical design going under passenger as well, just couldn't take a good pic of it because seat is right the way forward and cant move seat back as rear axle is behind it.

Edited by Ethanep82

remote central locking unit isnt it?

the snow versions do have bigger starters and alternators. the starters are a fair bit bigger!! some times theres a sticker on the boot if its a snow version or under the bonnet on the skin ive seen them there on glanzas.

remote central locking unit isnt it?

the snow versions do have bigger starters and alternators. the starters are a fair bit bigger!! some times theres a sticker on the boot if its a snow version or under the bonnet on the skin ive seen them there on glanzas.

Just been told remote locking isnt standard either?! These guys are insane for optional parts.

This is my key, the buttons dont actually work but i have aftermarket alarm with remote:

eJ2XK0f.jpg

yeah it is probably disconnected somewhere when the alarm fitter fitted your system.

my gt has the box under the seat it isnt uncommon, but i never got the key like yours when i bought the car so i cant use it! :(