Ep91 Glanza V - kevmcc90

After owning my glanza for over a year now I thought I should really start a progress thread.

I bought it in January 2014 and this is how she stood.

Posted Image

I bought a hks adjustable actuator, blitz access ecu, new spark plugs, distributor cap, ht leads, zisco ram horn manifold and air filter relocation kit straight away and got all that fitted.

Posted Image

I then went and bought rear seats which had been stripped out. Also purchased a rear strut brace.

Posted Image

So after spending a bit of time and money on it I was enjoying driving my little glanza around, just to have an oap run into the back of me at a round about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The old boy asked me to get a quote to fix it outwith insurance which I was more than happy to do so. But when giving him the quote he turned into a total arse. Claiming my car isnt worth a penny etc. I kept my cool somehow and went down the insurance route. After a lot of fighting and arguing with insurance I finally last month got a pay out to repair the damage. They were firstly going to write off my car and give me £625!

So after a long year without my glanza it is due to be mot'd this week.

Today I fitted my free box I purchased last year and a gear knob extension (who wouldn't want one?) haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

With things looking up for the glanza I am also patiently awaiting my wepr tdo4 kit :-D cannot wait.

Next plans are to get the gearbox changed over as mine has an awful crunch and also fit the lightweight flywheel and new clutch I got from Id workz. I currently have a paddle clutch and it is horrible to drive with.

Any comments and opinions welcome.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the car in at the bodyshop to get the accident damage sorted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ended up getting whole car resprayed as bodywork was needing some attention anyway, getting my mid boot spoiler fitted next week hopefully.

Well happy :D

Spent a whole day cleaning, sealing and waxing the glanza after respray.

I used chemical guys jet seal 109 which is great to use and gave a great result, then left it a couple of hours and waxed using autoglym HD wax which finished it off with a nice deep shine. I will post pictures later as it's not letting me upload them the now.

Fitting new clutch, lightweight flywheel and hopefully a sound gearbox tomorrow. Will also give the car a service.