porting manifold (JAM style) - is this enough off?

Looks like all you've done there is removed the divider which if anythng will have made it worse, the idea of porting the standard manifold is to remove the restrictions in the runners.

Looks like all you've done there is removed the divider which if anythng will have made it worse

really, my stainless one has no restrictions

now turn that bich over on her knees and look in hole nr 2 and 3 ha ha there is in both runners 2 lumps that need grinding down

1/2 lump in nr2 and a big massive lump in nr 3 !!!!

i will get on it chief. cheers

I would just buy Akyakapotter's jam manifold off him and put the grinder down.. Really you shouldn't have touched that side of the manifold. The restrictions are on the other side.

You will never be able to getnthe stock manifold half as good as the JAM one without spending one hell of a long time doing so.... Make him an offer ;)

turbominicooper dont worry about the + its gone and opened up the hole wish is better less restriction ( look at any other aftermarket mani they dont have it flush either ) its just on smaaal shitty ct9s wont make much diference

dont worry about all that flow crap the turbo just sucks it out

turbominicooper dont worry about the + its gone and opened up the hole wish is better less restriction ( look at any other aftermarket mani they dont have it flush either ) its just on smaaal shitty ct9s wont make much diference

dont worry about all that flow crap the turbo just sucks it out

The divider is not a restriction at all, it is there to separate exhaust pulses and does actually help.

sure it is !!! the 4 , 1/4 holes on the + are more restrictive then the loube in nr 3 runner i can barely stick my pink in there ( stock unported )

i got more performance out of it be deleting the + thats for sure

this was my thinking to, less restrictions = better flow = less heat congestion = better cooling = better turbo life/performance.

theres only one way to tell I suppose - dyno the same car with one mani ported and de+ and the other ported but with the + intact.

bit of a giveaway how much stress is on it given the amount of cracks found in the + on your average starlet

this was my thinking to, less restrictions = better flow = less heat congestion = better cooling = better turbo life/performance.

theres only one way to tell I suppose - dyno the same car with one mani ported and de+ and the other ported but with the + intact.

bit of a giveaway how much stress is on it given the amount of cracks found in the + on your average starlet

The divider is not the restriction though, the restriction is in the runners, the divider is there to keep exhaust pulses separate until they reach the turbine housing, removing it is likely to cause more restriction than without it.

And you are wrong about "heat congestion" whatever that is, you want to keep the exhaust gas hot (to a certain extent) as hot gas moves faster.