Throttle bodies for itb setup!

Check my equation and I'm pretty sure everybody will agree...

cheap+itb's+fuckingaboutwithfuelling=dead engine

This is almost impossible to do without a proper map, it will run like crap and even if you can get it to start drink a shitload of fuel or go completely the other way and not fuel enough and destroy your engine

Does anyone have any throttle bodies for a itb setup?! Am realy keen on doing this setup but trying to do it as cheap as possible! Can anyone give a hand?

Everyone will tell you there is no off the shelf bolt on itbs it's all custom work mate, you have to buy some motorbike carbs and have them welded onto a chopped inlet. Then you'll need after market ecu to fuel it properly, stock ecu will fall over its own shoe laces at this type of stuff

Its doable on a budget just depends how well you want it to run.

Some 600 throttles, small mod to the tps on that so fit the ep plug.

Cut a n/a inlet and use silicone joiners To join inlet to throttles.

Ideally drill and tap to fit a vac lines into each runner and port off to a vac chamber. From there run off to all vac feeds and include a pulse reducer in the map sensor line.

Probably cost £2-300 and it should run fairly well. I think some lad with an ep80 ran his on a 4efte ecu but you could pick up a cheap E-manage blue and get it mapped and have it running sweet.

depends how smart/handy you are in making it kid and setup can be done on a stock ecu and a few ad ons :) ( you said budget tuning after all !! )

but if i remember right """ CHRIS GREEN """" on here is selling a full setup ready to bolt on might be handy

Just do it and keep us all informed on how things go, like morgey said 2-300 quid should get you a nice itb setup

Good luck

Its doable on a budget just depends how well you want it to run.

Some 600 throttles, small mod to the tps on that so fit the ep plug.

Cut a n/a inlet and use silicone joiners To join inlet to throttles.

Ideally drill and tap to fit a vac lines into each runner and port off to a vac chamber. From there run off to all vac feeds and include a pulse reducer in the map sensor line.

Probably cost £2-300 and it should run fairly well. I think some lad with an ep80 ran his on a 4efte ecu but you could pick up a cheap E-manage blue and get it mapped and have it running sweet.

Is that £2-300 before the cheap emanage blue setup and mapping yea?

Just do it and keep us all informed on how things go, like morgey said 2-300 quid should get you a nice itb setup

Good luck

Is that £2-300 before the cheap emanage blue setup and mapping yea?

Yeah, thats what i meant, my bad

the name of the game for someone going itbs on the cheap is to make sure you feed the itbs with a big intake plenum, and not try and go with trumpet fed stacks like you see on oldschool stuff running carbs, cause that literally would be impossible to control without randomly leaning out and ruining your shit. do all the research before you even think about going for it! personally, id advise looking for gains elsewhere first anyway, like lightened flywheels or even a camshaft regrind!

Edited by Chops

thinking about it. depending on if you went function over form you could do it off the cost of throttles £50 on ebay atm, silicone joiners £20, some barb fittings £5 and a bit of pipe. then just get creative with a vac pot.

Could do it for under £100 if you used your old inlet mani

Ae92's have 4age 16v's with a couple of different intakes but both run single throttles.

The 101's came with 16v and 20v 4ages depending on the model as some were supercharged.

You need the 20v ae101 or 111 if you want the throttles. The 101 silvertop throttles were a bit smaller and run off of a afm. The blacktop 111 throttles are bigger and run a map setup.

But you would need an adapter plate to fit both as they have a flange on the base rather than a tube like bike throttles.