Idle Control Valve Leaking Water?

Hello :D

Well the engine is all running.

I'm just letting it tick over on the drive so I got drop the oil and filter and coolant.

But I'm noticing a fair amount of water seaping from the ICV.

Now I've had this apart and cleaned using some carb cleaner. And the engine has been stood for months.

It seems to be leaking from where the two faces meet. Has anyone experienced this before?

I'm hoping it's condensation, or something during the build and once it has all been ran back in then it will go away. So unless someone says anything otherwise....

Strange one. I removed my icv and coolant lines in the throttle body and car runs so much better. When cold you have to hold the throttle to stop it stalling but when its warm it idles absolutely spot on. Would defo recommend doing it!

I know mate. Finally. As said, still 100 and 1 things to do. But at least the it's running. For reasons I'd rather not discussed, no idea how long it will last. My mate thinks 300 miles before it goes pop, some on the web say 'be alright'. I know the answer, but I'm burying my head in the sand for now and just saying sod it.

Nope.

This car is fcked.

Engine oil is creamy. It's guzzled all the water. It doesn't want to drive....in other words. Fucked.

I may have to give in to defeat on this car. £3000 I've spent on this car and it's still not wanting to go.

The body work is attrocious anyway, sorry but six months, my dedication, this car may have to go.

If your throttle body lines are the wrong way round 2 vac 2 water forget it mate you will need a rebuild I know this as it happened to me a while back put 2 the wrong way round, water straight into the cylinders, also a bent rod, to cut the story short I stripped the whole lot and started again, right down to even honing the bores, to new gaskets rings etc, if I was you though to be sure take leads off take plugs out and crank over and wait for water to spray out the spark plug holes if that's the case

Well mate not saying your wrong I hope for his sake your right I left mine running for 10 seconds when it stalled and that was the result yes it was a ball ache yes it was more money but at least I know it was done right again and trust me like a few know on here I haven't got money to piss up the wall from what his said I don't reckon it's the case though

That's why we buy Jap cars.

Did what you said Patman, but no water coming out.

Dumped oil a few times and then spun it up the block. First time I've driven this car since October last year. And she felt better than ever.

Ollie, you're a life saver mate. I appreciate your input on that one as I thought worse case scenario!!!

But yeah, didn't take it heavy, just steadily up the road and it was very smooth, for a car five minutes ago was injecting water.....

if i where you id leave it running awhile to make sure if any waters still in there it gets burnt off. any water residue left in there my thought would be theres a decent risk it will rust the bores if left

Stressful. My mate has a Hilux he takes offroading. He completely filled the airbox with water, and the thing just battered its way through. Spluttered, coughed, then carried on going. Just the Japanese way.

Aye Shaun, we had it running for about 25 minutes after we dumped the oil. So hopefully jobs a goodun.

filled my ktm up with water last time i went riding in a river, few kicks it fired up and still running fine now with out doin anything to it lol, also had to kill a fabia tsi at work for insurance so stuck a hose pipe goin threw the turbo it just kept goin and would not die

Aye, KTM's are mint. It really annoys me people say they're unreliable when it's down to a lot of other factors, maintenance being key.

Yeah mate. Obvious when I look at it now. Don't really know what I was thinking. Just that on my DT you do get sketechy coolant pipes going into the carb so I was like yeah that's plausible.

Sorted now. Don't know how long for. A day, month, year? Just need to finish it off. Flush it with more and more oil then some decent stuff. Then focus on sorting my dt out.