Autobox ... manual conversion worth it ?

Alright,

Been doing some searching but couldn't find much.

Basically bought a low milage auto v instead of a high milage manual

Are they much slower than the manuals?

Anyone got a supped up auto that's fast ?

Cheers

my ep91 was originally auto for about 1-2 days after i bought it....took it directly to the mechanic for a manual conversion when i got home

actually i bought the entire manual conversion set up before i even bought the car....lol

the auto is not bad,,,but if you prefer a lot of spirited driving, tracking, dragging, etc. then maybe a manual box may take the torture a bit better

i simply just prefer a manual regardless

with the auto box i've seen an older member make about 200bhp...his ttgt name slips my mind now

you may need a proper transmission oil cooler and some good transmission fluid to help preserve the auto transmission

ask Jay a few questions too...i think he has played with auto too

Iirc, don't autos get significantly worse fuel mileage? Not sure how much that'd bother you but I think it was something like 100 miles less per full tank because it's a 4 speed.

you have overdrive button then you get 5 gears you also hav more buttons on your right side dash manu & pwr, press manu on motorways you get really good mpg.

Press pwr it goes into sports mode, if you put your foot down it doesn't change till it red lines:-) you also have kick down.

If you bypass the solenoid that helps to get that bit more out of it.

Edited by mart1

Alright,

Been doing some searching but couldn't find much.

Basically bought a low milage auto v instead of a high milage manual

Are they much slower than the manuals?

Anyone got a supped up auto that's fast ?

Cheers

have you not driven it yet then? They shift mate no problem :-)

Get some picks up love an auto there not many left:-)

Edited by mart1

Yeh man it should come Friday or Saturday fresh from Japan. I'm going to bypass solenoid :D never know now might keep it auto :)

Selling my 2.5 turbo scooby as can't afford it anymore. Hope glanza still feels nippy

Yeh man it should come Friday or Saturday fresh from Japan. I'm going to bypass solenoid :D never know now might keep it auto :)

Selling my 2.5 turbo scooby as can't afford it anymore. Hope glanza still feels nippy

yep nippy all right, press the pwr button which is sport mode then your away mate. Look forward to seeing some pics of it, I was on the look out for importing a very good low mileage glanza v in February, & I just mist out on the auction bid price, black v think it had something like only 54000 KM 4.5 grade it still bugs me that I didn't win it lol.

Not to long after though I was lucky to find a 85000km auto v in the uk.

DSC_0252_zps0255alvq.jpg

Edited by mart1

you have overdrive button then you get 5 gears you also hav more buttons on your right side dash manu & pwr, press manu on motorways you get really good mpg.

Press pwr it goes into sports mode, if you put your foot down it doesn't change till it red lines:-) you also have kick down.

If you bypass the solenoid that helps to get that bit more out of it.

Good to know mate, cheers :)

23000 miles wow very good find how much? If you don't mind me asking:-) yeah there are a lot of silver about & to be honest I'm not that into silver cars apart from these cars seem to suit it very well & they have a slight blue in the colour:-) also most colour alloys look good on a silver v.

Well i have had the cambelt & water pump & service done on it new kyb shocks & yellow apex 35mm springs all fitted, enkei alloy refurbished & that's it' the I haven't got plans for it at the moment I might change the exhaust system at some point as the exhaust is standard apart from a rare TRD back box, I am considering custom straight through to the TRD back box:-) .

This is my second auto v I made a big mistake selling my old v that was stunning & only had 35000 miles on it when I sold it:-( PIC of my old v

016-1.jpg

010.jpg

100_0157-3.jpg

015.jpg

Edited by mart1

Awsome man its good to hear someone loving the auto :)

Looks good Bro although I actually like your new one better.

Nice can't wait to have a mess around. I paid 4680 ( quite alot) but worth it for the milage. Plus that includes the undresides being waxed and greased to prevent corrosion and delivery to my house :D

Yeah sometimes its best to pay more for a top car and with that milage it should have no problems for year's to come & they are starting to go up in value, getting rare now.

I paid £2400 for mine it was up for sale for £3500 but manage to knock the price down with it needing jobs doing on it.

enjoy it & take your time with what you want to do with it, normally most people tend to lower the car first mod.