Socks, purposely selling counterfeit items to members?

Turbosmart wastegate is clearly a fake. C spanner bends easy, colours wrong, engraving is tat. Lucky i read up on them really. Plus the fact i though the wastegate had a too high spring in, replaced it, turns out its fucked. Anything to say?

Edited by Ollieh17

Could easily have blown my engine alongside other things. Also know in a position where i cant continue a transaction with another memember who has paid for the item. As i refuse to sell counterfeit parts

Can I ask,

What makes you think he knew it was a fake item? Especially considering you still went to replace the spring before contacting Matt, who im sure would have done a refund for a return of the item.

Also did you try speaking to Socks privately first?

Also when did this transaction take place?

I didnt know it was fake when i went to change the spring, someone else pointed it out. Id like to think he didnt know, but someone who spends so much time and money around starlets would realise

Turbosmart wastegate is clearly a fake

I didnt know it was fake when i went to change the spring, someone else pointed it out.

So is it clearly a fake? or did somebody have to point it out to you?

Give Matt a chance. Im sure he will come back to you. When did you message him, and through what medium? How long has he not got back to you? Have you tried raising a PayPal dispute?

Right

I've PM'd you back on Facebook.

I've Replied to your message on Toyota Parts For Sale.

I'm replying here now...

Like I said this was not known as being counterfeit.

Your very quick to leap at the chance to cause a problem Ollie. In an attempt to try and give somebody a reputation.

I'm not manufacturing anything fake I'm stripping 'dog rough' Starlets and selling them on as parts and very reasonable prices. Trying to offer yourself and everyone else a decent service.

So quit being part of a problem and lets try and rectify this as adults.

All you have to do is look at the real vs fake information online. Like you i honestly believed it would be real. But at the end of the day socks has a responibilty to check these things before they are sold. How would you feel if you bought one from TD or racetech and it was fake? I think youd all be bitter despite a refund

All you have to do is look at the real vs fake information online. Like you i honestly believed it would be real. But at the end of the day socks has a responibilty to check these things before they are sold. How would you feel if you bought one from TD or racetech and it was fake? I think youd all be bitter despite a refund

I knew Tial Fakes existed... Was unaware of Turbosmart ones existing...

Whats done is done, you cant say I couldn't have done anything more for you in this position im in now can you...?

Just for the record, racetech have been found to be selling counterfeit wastegates to.......just saying

Well that's news to me...

But this was on a car I purchased as an unfinished project and stripped. I have no need to purchase a wastegate that size...

i had 1 very small problem when i got a item from socks new website i messaged him and got back to me with in the hour we had a little chat about it and he pushed me in the right direction and i was a happy buyer

now there not many people setting up websites and selling car parts on the cheap especially for gt and glanza