http://ep-register.uk/

I have now finished the base of the site it is now fully functional! Please feel free to give it a shot and let me know what you think! I have still got to add features such as adding your build thread and history of your car along with more images but all in good time! I will also be allowing users to repeatedly update their vehicles hence why you need to register an account!

The first 4 vehicles are using randomly generated information and images from google just for test purposes until we get some entries then i will delete those first 4!

Please note VIN is optional and your registration is masked! (If you would prefer the reg unmasked i will add an option for those that do!)

I2XiFOJl.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After stumbling upon this thread whilst searching around i decided from reading the replies in the thread that i would put a mobile friendly site/app together so that us ep users can share information about our cars.

Original thread: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/86730-how-many-glanza-left-out-there

Im thinking about allowing users to input their registration (which will be masked and only be used when searched for) and make/model along with some information/history and a picture so users can search for a registration and bring up the information on it I.E. build threads, pictures basically any information you provide on your car!

Each car will have a dedicated page with the information you provide!

It may come in usefull when lets say someone goes to purchase an EP they could search the registration and hopefully find out its history or atleast some information!

It also has other benefits such as keeping track of the number of eps in the UK or atleast however many we get inserted!

It's desktop and mobile friendly.

Edited by Matts

Yes mate, nice site. What are you using to host it?

I've been hosting my website on my Raspberry Pi :D

It looks good, I wonder if you could use a sub domain of ukstarletowners since that's free.

My domain, www.dt125r.co.uk, allows me to put allocate www with something else for free. So the site I will be hosting on my pi is currently beta.dt125r.co.uk

Maybe it would be possible to have carreg.ukstarletowners.com.Or whatever. EP-Reg is good too, just saves you paying for a domain.

Do the DVLA or Government have a Vehicle Enquiry api?

Use that.

Being imports and NO UK Equivalent... What would you search for? I know when you reg check my car you get Toyota 1.3 and thats it...

I think the API costs you per time used... but not 100% sure tim!

Yes mate, nice site. What are you using to host it?

I've been hosting my website on my Raspberry Pi :D

It looks good, I wonder if you could use a sub domain of ukstarletowners since that's free.

My domain, www.dt125r.co.uk, allows me to put allocate www with something else for free. So the site I will be hosting on my pi is currently beta.dt125r.co.uk

Maybe it would be possible to have carreg.ukstarletowners.com.Or whatever. EP-Reg is good too, just saves you paying for a domain.

Thanks man, it's currently hosted on a low traffic droplet over at DigitalOcean. It if starts using more resources as it gains users i will upgrade the package. A subdomain would be good! :thumbsup:

Ahaha, registered then realised it was for imports and not UKDM.

It would be possible for me to create a uk specific section of the site, if this is something that would help!?

If this keeps on getting developed we can build it into ukso...

Need to add. Current Status imo... Dead/Scrapped. Current owner. and a way for new owners to get existing posts ammended....

Thanks socks, i will continue to develop it! so we can talk it over if you like. Thats a good idea, i'll implement that today/tonight around work. I'll add the functionality for new owners to amend entries also! Any other ideas would be appreciated

Use that.

This is something i could look into but as Socks said import ep's dont really return a great deal when searched for also i imagine that the api would required payment to use! I do have something in mind however!

I was thinking more along the lines of finding out if the car has current MOT, Insurance and TAX, I think that's free information but would need to check.

It's not clear how to add a car, I assume I'd need to register to do so?

I was thinking more along the lines of finding out if the car has current MOT, Insurance and TAX, I think that's free information but would need to check.

It's not clear how to add a car, I assume I'd need to register to do so?

Yes, i had to require users create an account to add their vehicles mainly for functionality so that they can amended their vehicles in future and have ownership over their entry!

The users system is fully encrypted and hashed on the back end so no user has to worry about their data being at risk!

I think that is something i could add, there are .gov services online to check mot, tax and so forth im sure i could write something to communicate with those services! Keep an eye on this thread i will start implementing these suggestions tonight/tomorrow.

What arre you thinking about doing about build thread? Somewhere to have a link over to ukso or wherever your build thread is or just generally paste the full build thread into a box?

Oh and seems like a good idea by the way well done matey

What arre you thinking about doing about build thread? Somewhere to have a link over to ukso or wherever your build thread is or just generally paste the full build thread into a box?

Oh and seems like a good idea by the way well done matey

What would you suggest buddy? I was originally thinking of just linking to users ukso build threads? I think i might add a section for users to post notes and so forth though that might be a good idea!

What about uk cars? Sr etc

If you would like me to add the ability to add UK cars i will do, it will be fairly easy to implement! I'll do it when im home from work tomorrow afternoon!

What would you suggest buddy? I was originally thinking of just linking to users ukso build threads? I think i might add a section for users to post notes and so forth though that might be a good idea!

Probably a link bit would be the better idea in my opinion tbh and what about a section where you could add previous owners if known?

Use that.

Being imports and NO UK Equivalent... What would you search for? I know when you reg check my car you get Toyota 1.3 and thats it...

I think the API costs you per time used... but not 100% sure tim!

I've just made an update now once you enter your reg and click find it will get the year of import and the colour, so far it is appearing a little harder to get further information on imports!

N4rX8.jpg