Figure it would be good to have a page to showcase some shoddy mechanical work!

I'll start us off... Got a shell off another member from this site (who will remain unnamed) but they "fitted" my new ball joints for me.

20150607_152035_zpsn4kvzowl.jpg

Must have used an angle grinder or something. Morons!

Even some garages are a waste of time. Balljoint was shot on one of my n/a's and I just wanted it sorted for mot. They wouldn't even give me a price as they didn't know how easy it would come out. Took it home 5 mins hacksawing down the side of the bolt andc a hammer and it was done . a mechanic that struggles with that is a mechanic that I won't use again lol

Figure it would be good to have a page to showcase some shoddy mechanical work!

I'll start us off... Got a shell off another member from this site (who will remain unnamed) but they "fitted" my new ball joints for me.

20150607_152035_zpsn4kvzowl.jpg

Must have used an angle grinder or something. Morons!

name this man it may stop others getting stuff from him thats potentially dangerous, that or if you are reading explain yourself

Nice gearbox mount, madness. Its as if these cunts dont realise cutting corners like that can end up killing someone. No morals

This motor had a shit load of work done at down at T.D did it not?

It did yea, was a bare shell when i got it so very unlikely any of the bad stuff had anything to do with them

best one ive experienced is I bought a 106 gti I drove it about 20 miles home and went to pick my girlfriend up I got half way up the farm lane where she lives and the car just stopped dead. I was thinking what the fuck it cant be the clutch the car doesn't just stop like that so got out and had a look underneath see if id beached it on a rock somehow and the gearbox was sat on the floor...

on closer inspection I found that the previous owner had stripped all the threads out of the gearbox to bolt the mount on and thought the best fix would be to grind the bolts into pegs and chemical metal them back in hahaha

when I replaced the box for a one with threads I found on closer inspection the cunt had done the same with two of the front wheel bolts so I had to replace the front hub. the guy loved his chemical metal like :lol: lucky it happened at 5mph on a farm track and not 70+ on a motorway eh? cant say id like to see what would have happened at all. im all up for an easy fix but when your potentially going to kill someone its probably best to atleast try and do things properly...

best one ive experienced is I bought a 106 gti I drove it about 20 miles home and went to pick my girlfriend up I got half way up the farm lane where she lives and the car just stopped dead. I was thinking what the fuck it cant be the clutch the car doesn't just stop like that so got out and had a look underneath see if id beached it on a rock somehow and the gearbox was sat on the floor...

on closer inspection I found that the previous owner had stripped all the threads out of the gearbox to bolt the mount on and thought the best fix would be to grind the bolts into pegs and chemical metal them back in hahaha

when I replaced the box for a one with threads I found on closer inspection the cunt had done the same with two of the front wheel bolts so I had to replace the front hub. the guy loved his chemical metal like :lol: lucky it happened at 5mph on a farm track and not 70+ on a motorway eh? cant say id like to see what would have happened at all. im all up for an easy fix but when your potentially going to kill someone its probably best to atleast try and do things properly...

bloody hell that could have been an absolute disaster I couldn't do that to a car and sell it on id shit myself incase I killed sumone Edited by Whitenoize
  • 3 weeks later...

When I bought mine the was one bolt holding the front gearbox mount (I found out after it snapped off) came to remove the box the ball joint bolts was finger tight there was quiet a few bolts missing. Oh and some crazy shit exhaust which had broke around the centre silencer allowing me to pull the exhaust out with the baffles.

Legendary work fella.

When I bought mine the was one bolt holding the front gearbox mount (I found out after it snapped off) came to remove the box the ball joint bolts was finger tight there was quiet a few bolts missing. Oh and some crazy shit exhaust which had broke around the centre silencer allowing me to pull the exhaust out with the baffles.

Legendary work fella.

This is the kinda shit that happens when people who have zero fuckin clue what they are doing work on their own car!

See a lot of it on here, fair enough if youre mechanically minded or have an adult to help you then go ahead haha.

Garages have no excuse though.