FMIC _ air con removal necessary?

Gents,

I see there is a lot of people removing the air con when putting in FMIC. Is this totally necessary?

I live in Scotland and it pretty cold here.

Also what are the pros of front mount? Looks like it frees up the bay a bit however in terms of performance would a top mount upgrade not be just as good ?

I stay in Scotland too, for the 3 days of summer we get be aswell to rip the AC out.

Think one of the members in Finlang fitted a FMIC and kept the AC.

Also think WEPR might do a AC friendly FMIC kit, but not 100% sure.

you could get custom pipes to keep the a/c but keeping it in scotland is just madness ha! theres performance gains to be had by removing a/c and also by fitting a FMIC so personally id rip the a.c out and stick a big cooler on it and its a win win

Okay ladz you've convinced me haha. Also quick question . I see you can buy waste gates set at 0.1 up to like 2 bar or sumin. .. I take it if you have actuator you want to set it more than waste gate or it would never open ?

Why have both?

I'm newish to turbos so sorry for noon questions. what is the purpose of the actuator and the waste gate in relation to each other ?

theres 2 different wastegates an internal and external. the internal are operated by an acuator and the external are set by a spring inside to a set pressure i.e your 0.1-2bar. you dont run both so you would either have an actuator or a "1bar wastegate" the external gates controll boost far better but you cant run under wastegate pressure. so if you have a 0.8bar wastehate you can only run above 0.8bar of boost.

ahhh okay makes sense shaun. When you say you can only run above 0.8 with a 0.8 waste gate, does that mean your turbo puts out whatever pressure it wants (let's say 2 bar ) but is limited by the wastegate opening and venting additional pressure( like pressure relief valve ) or is the boost controlled by some other means else where. For example why have a boost controller set to 1.5bar if I can just get external waste gate with 1.5 bar spring?

Hard to explain what I'm trying to say. Hope yout under stand my rubish terminology

whats specs of your car and where abouts in deen are you? theres quite a few of us round your way and will be having another meet in the next couple months if you wanna come and learn some b.s from us, haha. Chuck up a couple pics

as for ac just junk it, you will probably find it dont work all that great and its a power sapping heavy lump of turd, lol. theres a few things that can be junked in the bay to make it tidyer. there are loads of companys doing fmic kits but most are not a/c friendly. like said above, there is a couple that are a/c friendly. the bracketry is pants on alot of the ebay jobbys, but these can be easily overcome.

I have a jperformance front mount, it was an aircon friendly one. Tho I still took the aircon out, the weight of the new front mount kit was prob less that the ac system. Also aircon out means you can relocate your air filter and change the oil filter easy

I have the toyosports FMIC kit ( Yeah I know) that comes with all the piping and everything fit fine with the ac. Although I couldn't use the bolts that the bumper has underneath without a bracket.

Me and Whitestar both have FMIC's with AC.

I have JAM kit, Whitestar has Ebay kit with 580mm X 210mm X 63mm core size.

I stay in Scotland too, for the 3 days of summer we get be aswell to rip the AC out.

Also think WEPR might do a AC friendly FMIC kit, but not 100% sure.

yes, our fmic kit is A/c friendly :)