n.a as a track car?

Wondering what are people's view on this? Went out on track yesterday at trax's and loved it in the n.a just need to do alot more handling mods. Currently what mods I have is 35mm apex springs going on coilovers next month. Obx exghust manifold corolla intake, also a decat and power flow back box and pipes from decat. Cheers!:)

dude would totally do it, i have been in the situation and it was epic.

do every concievable handling mod on ure 70 bhp starlet and u WILL upset alot of much faster cars with superb handling,braking thatll tear your face of and power that you can get down every last ounce of.

my sportif turbo was once on track as n/a and i had the best time ever and showed up so many faster cars it was unreal,and must add never had to worry at any point about anything mechanical or even open the bonnet or look at a temp guage as they just so bullet proof.

i did over 100 miles at brands that day and it got ragged to hell and back and never even so much of a peep of issue or trouble.

please have a look at my thread and you will see all the handling mods i had done and it made for a savage little car.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/72053-mikey4410-1998-starlet-sportif-turbo-rear-cambered-terror/

must add on the track day i did have twin pot ae111 front brakes also.

More reliable I know that haha! Keep it n/a throttle body it and suprise everyone on track with instant power and bugger all weight

It's pretty nippy until you go in 4th then it just dies haha and yeah only thing putting me off turboing it is the amount of problems.

get good tyres haha. on all 4 corners :blush:

Got t1rs didn't let me down at all the just kept gripping! :D

dude would totally do it, i have been in the situation and it was epic.

do every concievable handling mod on ure 70 bhp starlet and u WILL upset alot of much faster cars with superb handling,braking thatll tear your face of and power that you can get down every last ounce of.

my sportif turbo was once on track as n/a and i had the best time ever and showed up so many faster cars it was unreal,and must add never had to worry at any point about anything mechanical or even open the bonnet or look at a temp guage as they just so bullet proof.

i did over 100 miles at brands that day and it got ragged to hell and back and never even so much of a peep of issue or trouble.

please have a look at my thread and you will see all the handling mods i had done and it made for a savage little car.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/72053-mikey4410-1998-starlet-sportif-turbo-rear-cambered-terror/

must add on the track day i did have twin pot ae111 front brakes also.

That's the plan mate to do as much handling as I can. As I like it n.a because of the reliability of it. Going to book cadwell next as that's abit better for smaller cars:) Cheers for the advice mate!

best day ever that was....first track day and got that bug !!!!!!!

I get you mate I just wanna go out on tracks all the time now:D and I'm pretty sure these starlets n.a's could keep up with the saxo's if you wasn't far off a clio 182.

braking and handling was easily better than the 182 clio but on straights hes going to be going bye byes as he has another 100 bhp.

Yeah that's the only let down keeping it an n.a but i"d much rather have handling than power strights are boring rather have fun in the coners.

Best thing for an n/a is putting it on a diet. That will instantly improve almost everything handling, braking, acceleration.

Only thing I would say is you might want to move the battery to the boot and some other little bits or it might get a bit tail happy.

Brakes suspension and weight loss. That's enough to have lots of fun and out do some much faster cars, I can be imagine with those mods and some experience you could probably upset some gt owners lol

Edited by MARC MOSS

mate going on track is awesome period, people say ahh i cant go on track i dont have a proper oil cooler or ahh i cant go on track my car aint fast enough its all excuses! people take all sorts of things on track and at the end of the day its not a race, you go on and enjoy your car! i can see the n.a being awesome on track and i cant wait to go on in mine! Theres a saying i seen on facebook once and its so true, if you cant drive fast in a 90hp car then 900bhp aint gunna help you! My dad loves track days he once had a 600bhp R33 skyline, loved it on the track, took his 200bhp Honda prelude on loved it just as much, he has a mk2 MX5 and says it once of the most fun cars to take around the twisties hes ever owned because its light nimble and its only 140bhp, and he can just as much fun in that as he did in his 600bhp skyline! Tyres are the most important thing and decent brakes, if you can get brakes that wont overheat after 3 laps and tyres that grip you will enjoy your self so much! :)

Sort your tyres and brakes, trust me T1R's aren't good enough even on NA

You've got coilovers on the way so that's a good start, but I'd do the above & RARB before the other things you've listed.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oCVuZxkg0M

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5Efu9XGpM

It's pretty nippy until you go in 4th then it just dies haha and yeah only thing putting me off turboing it is the amount of problems.

Got t1rs didn't let me down at all the just kept gripping! :D

Good I'm gunna get some t1rs so this if good news :)

Mainly cus there so cheap haha

Edited by NewbieLewby

Good I'm gunna get some t1rs so this if good news :)

Do squeal alot though bud. I'm going to get some better tyres then t1rs when the time comes:) at least they didn't let me down though :D

Do squeal alot though bud. I'm going to get some better tyres then t1rs when the time comes:) at least they didn't let me down though :D

They are really quite decent for the price. Don't hold a candle up to ado8rs ect but there almost 3 times the price