EP91 Blue Spec. The Box

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

2926623_19_full.jpg

2926623_20_full.jpg

Coilovers installed (veyr little change in ride height....but stifness is crazy) See the colour coded mirrors :)

Before..

2926623_21_full.jpg

After..

2926623_22_full.jpg

Here is a picture of the roof - sorry about the bad quality - she needs a good sanding and a few more coats.

2926623_23_full.jpg

Hellow UK Starlet ppls!

Here is an update:

I changed manufacturer for paint, becuase they didn't have it at Big W. So I went with Watyl Rust KILL - Very nice. It comes on quite glossy. I diluted it with some turps and used it with a half decent foam roller.

2926623_24_full.jpg

See what happens after you've done a fresh coat of paint. FFS!!! Frikki'n die somewhere else ya stupid insects!!

2926623_26_full.jpg

THe new paint manufacturer. Tools required. And a half decent foam brush ($6!! WTF?)

DIY Spray BOOTH

Packaging Box. Cut half of the top and angle the sides for venting.

Resprayed the mirrors. Much nicer finish. I now know how to cover the mirrors properly HAHA .

2926623_27_full.jpg

Bright as!

2926623_28_full.jpg

Note: If you CBF wrapping the mirrors up ...you could always use a plastic bag! I should of used the left over packaging box, broke it down, and then used it as a cover for car instead of always preping with newspaper etc.etc.

Haha, thanks for the comments boys. I don't need her to be lowered as yet. She just needs to be 'sleeper styles' :lol: I need it that height for my drive way. Will take better pics after Starletto Cruise on Saturday

2926623_29_full.jpg

2926623_30_full.jpg

2926623_31_full.jpg

See the over flow? ;) The rubber seals will cover these marks. I still haven't sanded her down with the 1200 wet/dry. I bought the cheapest wax i could find - so i'll give it a go on friday/saturday. Go forth WOK Star! ....I heard Dan wanted his car hot pink LOL!

2926623_32_full.jpg

The gap isn't that much...it's just that the other pics are 'drive way spec'. I waxed the bonnet. Gave it a red hot go...is there a difference? (to be honest, i don't really :lol:) However i used some Elcheapo window cleaner. Awesome - Newspaper and the spray. Awesome.

2926623_33_full.jpg

Little details = POV camera phone

2926623_34_full.jpg

The wing mirrors look alright, considering I sprayed some clear coat on it :) I cleaned up the edges by just sanding around them...using a block of sand paper. - surprising results

That looks quite kool :)

Have u thought about painting in the little bits where the bump strip goes on n carrys on on the front and back bumper

The little groovey bumpy bit

Duno but mite look quite kool

:)

That can be for the 1zzfe or 4efte transplant. CBF putting tincan on a 1.3 - although went on a cruise around the mountains today with a bunch of ep82 Gt's - managed surprisingly well. Love the coilovers.

• 4 weeks later...

NINJA Mods: It's cold but the will is strong!

Inspired by NASCAR.

2926623_60_full.jpg

Results: Sick induction noises. Whilst we were at it, also drilled MASSIVE MASSIVE holes in the air box. Ninja spec, of course. - This will help heaps once the turbo conversion is installed.

Overall this was an 'expensive mod'. Two reasons:

1. It wasn't free ($AU25 for 1.8M of ducting. Seems ok, considering i used a little less than half)

2. Got bullied into once choice :lol: I hate that! (BOO@ Bunnings)

The noise is cool. Like 'LIft' except no power HAHA. Seems to Rev harder and quicker to 100kms. At least the brake ducting will also help on the track. Exciting times for Project ELcheapo.

The Conversion: 4EFTE.

Not exactly NA.

"Cheaper".

"Easier".

Will have to do.

This will happen before the end of the year. We've already sorted out the labour requirements (sort of)

Been shopping around for some prices: Range $3000 - $1700 (QLD/NSW)

- EP82

- EP91 Glanza

Must do Wakefield Park for Pre-Turbo testing.

Go team DIY.

More Nascar photos.... I still managed 450km out of the starlet, even whilst in 'Vtec" mode hAHA.

2926623_61_full.jpg

2926623_62_full.jpg

No vid of the induction noise. Sorry. It is pretty much a 'what if?' mod, but it seems to do the goods.

Once the half cut gets installed, i'm sure it will help with the spooling and other gizmo workings of the 4efte.