EP91 Blue Spec. The Box

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wheel alignments are probably a good idea after coil over install and an increase in 50% of power at the wheels....

2926623_84_full.jpg

This is a comparison of the rear tires of the CSA Hornet rims + tire compared with the front passenger tire. The CSA Hornets have seen +1000 kms, included a track day. The front passenger tires have seen under 1000kms. *Shakes head in shame*

I was completely shocked to see almost no tread left. If it was raining I would of been goners.... It was raining on the way back to the mines and the picture of the tread explains a fair bit (i.e. aqua planing).

With the changing of the wheels, it should give me enough grace until the weekend to arrange some new tires and a much needed wheel alignment.

So then...I had to change the wheels...:roll:

2926623_85_full.jpg

cor struth!

thats some serious tyre wear.

give us the date they went on and then give us a date they come off when they are bald :o

...umm.. May 27 - June 29 ;)

The new tires are on now, and the multispoke rims are back on. Thank goodness for new tires! The grip levels are much better HAHA :o

I think raising the bonnet by a nut would help remove the TMIC taking in some hot air. It no longer loon ninja spec, but it seems it will have to do for now. Also, using the passenger side 'Foglight/Nascar' hole, I'll endevour to link up some piping along the guard in order to direct cold air towards the TMIC.

This looks awesome!

Vented Hood Mod DIY

Also looking at future options such as Front mounting an RX7 FC TMIC. Ebay spec Universal piping is about $200 AU , and the FMIC is free. I'm just a bit suspect about the Universal Ebay Spec Piping, as I have no Weilder at home...but a lot of bush mechanic talent ;)

Thanks Cujo. I've clocked up about 2000km's already and no dramas :lol:

I'm currently getting about 6.5 - 8 L/100, depending on driving, so it's really great! Even better than the NA 4EFE, probably becuase of the fact that I shift early - loving the torque!

cut a hole in the bonnet - middle.. or get a drill ;)

Definately doing that! All things considered if it goes pear shaped, a spare bonnet won't cost an arm or a leg.

Using the skeletal structure of the bonnet, I'll be able to follow a DIY pattern.

Update.

Spent the about an hour tracing the fuel gauge wiring to the actual chasis of the car....alas the wiring changes colour some where!! *Oh noes*. Hopfully a request for a photo of the fuel gauge wiring from an EP82 GT can shed some more answers....fingers crossed.

Also. Using some Kitchen spec overhead ducting (See nascar mod), I was able to direct cold air from the 'fog light' holes into the engine bay. Unfortunately, I had to only use the smaller holes that are near the washer bottle (there are two holes on either side to accomodate for either LHD or RHD vehicles.

The chasis holes are tiny, but any air that does travel up the ducting will play an important part of getting some 'good' air towards the TMIC. I imagine that the cold air would cause a mini swirling affect to the hot air present in the engine bay. What would of been nice to track would be the before and after temps. But alas, I am lazy.

Bit disappointed that the MPS3 type air bonnet scoop could not come to fruition due to the lack of space :o

So, I've been tossing up what type of air scoops/vents to increase the TMIC efficiency. Here is a thought.

The aim of this car is to try to remain as ninja as possible. I.e. getting dismissed as a crappy car = Success! Or looks of "WTF!?" when they have burnt off and find that I'm still hanging around or have gone past them in a corner = SUCCESS!

Evo air box vent (each) = $50

Celica GT4 vent = $150

2926623_86_full.jpg

My initial thoughts were:

1. Get the GT4 vent, because after seeing one of these on a red Stivo - it looked ultimate. But then i wasn't quite ninja.

2. Get the Evo air box vents x 2 and mount them in the middle of the bonnet - frontish so it gets air front on....but then it would look like a mini monaro bonnet

3. Get one EVO air box vent, mount to the driver side (right) away from battery housing and then muck around with the bonnet itself to vent hot air out.

Any other EP91's thought of other alternatives? I've seen one with a WRX scoop, but it's

a bit too wild for me :D - it would be the easiest and probably most 'efficient' option, but stealth is priority 1.

111111112.jpg

• 2 months later...

DIY TMIC Scoop (NINJA SPEC)