first year going so want to make sure ive actualy planned ahead. what does everyone take with them? am thinking a tent,sleeping bag, and a camping chair and a few changes of cloths and fill the rest of the car with drink? anything else people advise taking? is there food avalible all during the event and is it reasonable priced? is there limitations to what you can bring in with you drink wise?

cheers shaun

You are more or less there. Most people take an air bed too.

Take a mug for brews if you drink tea as someone will always have a kettle on the go and might share tea bags. I usually take more stuff than I need but better to be prepared

Foodwise, there is usually something open early until late, the noodles used to be epic, but have gone downhill last couple of years but there will be something decent to eat. Bring plenty of snacks and crap to munch on

Drinks wise, they advise against glass bottles for beer but you can get away with spirits.

ahh thats a fair point ill take my wee travel cup with me and wee tub with t bags and the like.

see food i wasnt sure i cant cook to start so adding in a camping stove would be a disaster. ill bring some pot noodles and junk food incase stuff goes bad.

ahh thats not bad then wasnt sure if they had limits like other festivals. ill just bring a few crates of beer or cinder and a bottle or two of jack to keep me going.

If you need to get a kettle on I am sure someone will help or just come find me, I don't mind sharing. We are a decent bunch and everyone has to come to their first JAE, I've been going since 2004!!

aye met with a few of you at JF1 and 2 so know a few faces. i was going to pop over and introduce myself to you at JF2 but you where mid convo with a group so didnt want to be rude and barge in ha!

been along time coming stuff always seems to pop up but so far am still all set with ticket bought so weather better be decent ha!

aye met with a few of you at JF1 and 2 so know a few faces. i was going to pop over and introduce myself to you at JF2 but you where mid convo with a group so didnt want to be rude and barge in ha!

been along time coming stuff always seems to pop up but so far am still all set with ticket bought so weather better be decent ha!

Should have come and joined in the chat. I spent the day half asleep so I might not have remembered anyway

i shall catch you next time the UKSO t shirts certainly was a nice touch i reconise a few people normally but theres people on hear i never would have pictured like they are ha! spoke to some people for years on the site and kinda build up a picture of what you think the person will be like and never been right yet ha!

Also a good idea to bring:

Painkillers/Allergy things

Toilet rolls as always good to have spare

Torch

Suncream (I wish I had some at JF2)

Bottles of water for in the night etc

• 3 weeks later...

Ive never been before but im thinking about coming and camping with the gf and a 9 year old. Will they be bored do you think? the JAE website doesnt seem to be selling it.

Edited by Bean