I'm in the middle of updating my thread on TGTT so thought I'd do a post here for the giggles.

To recap we need to wind ourselves back to 2009. Not sure what you lot were doing at the time but I was looking a sensible car to replace my auto GT on the daily commute. I had all intentions of a diesel VW Bora. Then I paid a visit to Trevor of Japimports4U Ballymena, importer of quite a few tasty EP's over the years. So this happened..

RR%20Feb%202009%20004.jpg

RR%20Feb%202009%20031.jpg

RR%20Feb%202009%20034.jpg

A heavily modded mk1 GT in my favourite colour powered by a freshly forged 5E. The K26 was set for 1.6 bar which turned out perfect for the daily commute. My auto was promptly retired to await it's autobox replacement.

Here's a few pics of it in Japan:

1208841567_1.jpg

1208841567_2.jpg

1208841567_3.jpg

The original sales thread can be found here just for reference - HERE

Despite the spec it was quite comfortable on the road and very easy driven so long as you could hack the clutch pedal. Despite all the hype it didn't actually give decent figures on the rollers but I was quite happy with how it drove as was. I've never been overly competitive so I could chase figures later if I wanted, in the meantime it was all just boost-induced smiles!

beastyGT%20001.jpg

I'll be sticking a few more updates on the TGTT (re)build thread as things progress:

CLICKITY CLICK

It's eating up my weekends at the minute as what started out as a MOT prep has now entered 'restoration' territory.

Cheers for any comments,

Jay

Edited by Jaystar77