turquoise n/a . i just cant keep away

Well sidestrips are off and its all cleaned and polished where they have been.

Looks so much better and no paint fade and no paint came off. Result!

My dad found some oem ep80 matts in his shed too and they fit perfect. Say starlet on them too. Bonus as i never had any in...will get pics of them tomorrow

20150920_192939_zpsf1hxlcqy.jpg

20150920_192923_zpsyvoguqhc.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also fitted new set of wheel nuts too as the other ones were totally rusty! Worst nuts ive seen tbh. Had new set lying around from a previous starlet so may aswell use them.

Just bought a glanza standard strut brace too hopefully itll come quick so i can get that fitted too after its had a lick of paint

Hopefully buying 40mm lowering springs this week too

Oh noooo

Bit of bad news...exhaust has started blowing already 🙈 its getting looked at on saturday and hopefully sorted out.

On the plus side, just ordered myself a set of 40mm Direnza lowering springs as they were on sale cheap for £70 brand new and have a 5 year warrenty. So cant be all bad!

Cant wait to get them fitted and then get the tracking done as its sligtly out. With luck, my strut brace might turn up too tomorrow so i can get that sanded, painted up and fitted! Then I'll be saving for alloys 👌

Edited by jonnygt

Small update. Lowering springs have arrived so will be on by next weekend hopfully. Gunna order a set of alloys this week too hopefully 😉

Also been busy over the weekend with it. New backbox and centre section fitted, calipers abd rear drums freshened up and all the underneath and inner arches undersealed. Had to do under the rear quite a bit as it had quite a bit surface rust

But all is good looks much neater and clean and will protect it 20150926_124306_zpseij1sxmi.jpg20150926_124340_zpsso2drnum.jpg20150926_124324_zpsnsugt52h.jpg20150926_124420_zpsbfewgayh.jpg

Had my little helper there too lol

20150926_125627_zpsfsjt9qzd.jpg20150926_132331_zps1tgwpmy8.jpg20150926_135716_zpssagxe9dd.jpg20150926_135705_zpsxsywxnqi.jpg20150926_132337_zpspwar53dr.jpg20150926_135722_zpsjybriosz.jpg

Bit of a small update...just bought a piece of jdm goodness

A badge

Yes a badge lol gunna look awsome fitted on my bonnet tho instead of the toyota badge.

Should suit it a treat being this colour and not many people have them i think...

Jdm starlet reflet badge 🔰🔰🔰 received_10153680511558734_zpsicvq7udr.j

Got my springs on and it looks awsome over the moon with how the car rides and it sits low...love it! Transformed it in my eyes...excited to get my wheels now and also gunna order 195/50/15 toyo t1r tyres so should handle good and sit well in the arches

Also fitted my front strut brace too while i was on with it....the handling of it feels much better too around the corners and bends

Happy days!!!

I've always liked the three spokes!

I'll be getting the same wheels soon, but in white, shame the real deal are so expensive!

The 3 spokes will do me for winter lol

I was thinking on white wheels but not sure if they'll suit this colour...i think silver is better...

This is gonna look awesome! Your old cars were quality so I'm looking forward to seeing this progress :)

On the tyres front T1R are a bit pants though, Rainsport 3 are a lot better and NS2R better still (still cheap) :thumbsup:

This is gonna look awesome! Your old cars were quality so I'm looking forward to seeing this progress :)

On the tyres front T1R are a bit pants though, Rainsport 3 are a lot better and NS2R better still (still cheap) :thumbsup:

Cheers man! I cant wait to make a start on it and get the wheels on it. Where does them other tyres cheap mate? Not looking for top spec ones as its not going on a track or whatever lol