jays glanza resurrection.. aka the phoenix

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so close now then matey!

No i dont regret selling it yet really. If i still had it we both know where it would still be sat being a waste of a good car where as now its being put to good use :) keep it up mate, i look forward to seeing it soon ;)

Edited by Ryan5793
  • 1 month later...

So update time...

Rad, intercooler and oil cooler are all fitted took a week to make the brackets..

But they all securely fitted..

Completely redid the wiring loom.

So yesterday i fitted the 4 corsa wheels and dropped the car in 4 wheels on stock suspension.

Did this as me and russ78 have repaired the bumper but also modified it with a 1.2 inch drop at bottom, aim is for it to sit lower without having drop suspension silly low.

Also i tested all my gauges and lights etc.. and they all turn on as they should.

So...

Crank sensor bracket is being milled at some point next week, so once thats welded on, i can crank the engine and fire her up.. (yes i am really that close).

Anyway heres pictures of bumper..

20160302_173016_zpslhum8w2x.jpg

20160302_173007_zps9spaqzvp.jpg

20160302_172849_zpswet0jsne.jpg

20160302_172839_zpsntgihzvr.jpg

20160302_172825_zpsssy2y3fz.jpg

Man you gonna need some huge fog lights to fit in there like some old skool hella fogs haha

But no seriously it's hard to believe that exact bumper and splitter combo was in the wall at Silverstone last summer...

Man you gonna need some huge fog lights to fit in there like some old skool hella fogs haha

Jays going to be the first person running quad headlights 😂 Surely some brake ducts would be ideal as its going to see a lot of track time?

Looking good though man!

Edited by Scoobysvx

Cheers will..

Just want sqaure off the intercooler through the bumper.

I did make a partial flat bottom that extended from livesports splitter to the steering rack before accident..

I just want drive it again well this new one.haha

• 3 weeks later...

Daniel g you can purchase springs in various weights from a place called gaz suspension in Basildon dude.

I had them machine my twins down to accept there standard spring sizes for there own "gaz" coil overs. They are really helpful and they do any spring rate u could ever want.

Jay the progress u have made is awesome.crack on dude and we'll done

Cost me 50 quid extra for the spring change on all 4 guys.

So 12.50 each coilover.

I requested the spring rates i got after talking to the guys at meister.

Thanks guys for the comments..

Slight annoying update..

Jenvey and omex have seperated and omex are now using gm throttle sensors.

So im hunting down the old type i have or its ecu back to omex for a new board to accept a new gm sensor.

Well update time.

Its been 1 heck of a journey re shelling the whole car and modifying and improving various aspects of this compared to last glanza.

But she is now a full rolling shell and ready to go for a dyno tune (check to make sure its running as should) and geometry set up.

Had my good freind liam aka ep82gi pop down my unit to lend us a hand installing new handbrake cables and exhaust system.

Heres latest pics

20160410_144948_zpsglxnshnr.jpg

20160410_144955_zpse02lzfjr.jpg

20160410_145049_zpsh8k8mfam.jpg

20160410_145013_zpsvyucwg7y.jpg

20160410_144913_zps6jvh6fs8.jpg

20160410_144904_zpsnif3nky0.jpg

excuse the faded trd sticker.

This is my previous bonnet waiting for warmer weather till cruise bonnet gets repaired.

Coming along well! Just to clarify, did you get the springs from Meister or Gaz? £50 is cheap!

When I was looking at Cyberspeed (Meister's spares shop) It was like £30 per spring