• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately after doing some research and making my list of bits for the supercharger i decided to check insurance, and rather annoyingly they dont see my vision in the same way as i do, as they decided that it would be £9987 for a year -_- so i may be adjusting my plan...

Save for a nice turbo lump and use your developing mechanical skills and slowly forge it, then when you've got some no claims and a bit of age on your side, drop it in and go nuts!

its very tempting! :D but im also drawn towards keeping the starlet as a daily and getting an NA supra to play with too, as the insurance on one is less than a GT Turbo for me for some reason? and an MR2 etc, cant get rid of the starlet, love her to much :D the Volvos going instead

Yea it sucks :/ I thought while I'm on there Il look at some other car prices, Na supra was 1700! Mr2 mk2 was 2300, ep3 type R 2700, Impreza was 3700, s14a 2100, and a glanza was 1100! So not sure how they work that lot out but hey ho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got my air filter and induction kit fitted yesterday :D getting slightly better throttle response i think which is good, only thing I've noticed is now and again when i start the car it idles rough for about 10 seconds then runs fine again? going to change the plugs soon as they havent been changed in a while and hopefully looking to get a high flow fuel pump, anyone able to recommend one??

A nice 4-2-1 exhaust manifold would be nice if it didn't cost as much as the American obx. Will free up the engine as most Toyota exhaust systems are factory restrictive.

You'll should see how bad the factory 2.0 BEAMS manifold and system really are!!

No body seems to want to touch the SR :/ although I've just seen JDMginge's RW manifold and it looks the tits so I think I'll get in touch with him. Ha ha yeh Toyota did a lot with the induction side of the beams along with a few other bits but the exhaust mani is poo! Mind you the stock one on my gt4 was pretty decent.