Technical advice on social media.

Afternoon all,

Over the recent months, I haven't been as active as I ought to, but I feel now is a good time to speak up.

What on earth has happened?!

I just happened to be reading through a few Facebook posts and was completely gobsmacked by the ridiculous information which was being passed.

A 4E-FTE having stronger rocker arms than an N/A.

Confusion that a 4e was fitted in the factory as standard.

Unwillingness to understand 4th & 5th generation e-series engines share the same cylinder head.

The above also applies to 4E-FTE and N/A cranks, due to the '4et' markings.

Seriously folks what has happened to the scene, it's the blind leading the blind.

Unrelated to the technical advice, the same aforementioned social media sites for sale groups and now being used to whore vehicles. THEY ARE FORSALE GROUPS FOR A REASON - IF THE ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE, TAKE YOUR SHIT ELSEWHERE.

Rant over & thank you for reading :)

Afternoon all,

Over the recent months, I haven't been as active as I ought to, but I feel now is a good time to speak up.

What on earth has happened?!

I just happened to be reading through a few Facebook posts and was completely gobsmacked by the ridiculous information which was being passed.

A 4E-FTE having stronger rocker arms than an N/A.

Confusion that a 4e was fitted in the factory as standard.

Unwillingness to understand 4th & 5th generation e-series engines share the same cylinder head.

The above also applies to 4E-FTE and N/A cranks, due to the '4et' markings.

Seriously folks what has happened to the scene, it's the blind leading the blind.

Unrelated to the technical advice, the same aforementioned social media sites for sale groups and now being used to whore vehicles. THEY ARE FORSALE GROUPS FOR A REASON - IF THE ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE, TAKE YOUR SHIT ELSEWHERE.

Rant over & thank you for reading :)

The 4E doesn't even have rocker arms they have bucket and shims. Unless you mean connecting Rods? If you do mean connecting Rods you need to get your terminology right :p

I hear you though. Some people do give out some shite info even when there not sure them self.

Edited by lukEp

Aye it's pretty mad everyone these days is an expert. I don't proclaim to know everything but I know my way around the cars very well and unless someone asks my advise I rarerly bother now cause some clown will always come along and argu your wrong. That said its not limited to just starlets everyone seems to be getting it. I went to grab some service stuff todo my diesel bmw at the weekend and they guy was adamant I took his advise and done the spark plugs at the same time despite many sarcastic comments he strongly suggested I take the advise of an expert who deals with services everyday

the local wilcos is full of them so called "experts", the amount of times I've been given the wrong parts and I've just stopped there and handed them back telling them its the wrong part and theyve been positive its correct, only for me to take them out to the car to point out what it should look like.

cork rocker cover gasket for a mk 2 golf gti when the old one was a rubber was a good one, and being given a plastic housed inline fuel filter for a carb'd car when asking for a fuel filter for my starlet.

Aye it's pretty mad everyone these days is an expert. I don't proclaim to know everything but I know my way around the cars very well and unless someone asks my advise I rarerly bother now cause some clown will always come along and argu your wrong. That said its not limited to just starlets everyone seems to be getting it. I went to grab some service stuff todo my diesel bmw at the weekend and they guy was adamant I took his advise and done the spark plugs at the same time despite many sarcastic comments he strongly suggested I take the advise of an expert who deals with services everyday

Aiyeee...i better get on changing my diesel plugs quick....what's the best rating to use? :crazy: