what C series boxes can be used in a starlet?

daniel the yarsi d4d 5th setup dont work in our turbo boxes !!!!! unless you get custom chims/spacers made

I'll be trying it on a C50F at somepoint :)

Plus the gold HRF GT used a longer 5th, thought they used one from the C53 D4D box?

Get a 6 speed box in Phil they are awesome, 3rd gear is so lively even at low speeds youll have instant boost build. Cant see you needing second in any Kirkistown corners! And im sure final drive is 4.5.

Saying that im only 180ish hp not 285 you may well strip the box to bits. Lol. Worth a punt though.

You can also fit our 8 bolt lsds to them.

Get a 6 speed box in Phil they are awesome, 3rd gear is so lively even at low speeds youll have instant boost build. Cant see you needing second in any Kirkistown corners! And im sure final drive is 4.5.

Saying that im only 180ish hp not 285 you may well strip the box to bits. Lol. Worth a punt though.

You can also fit our 8 bolt lsds to them.

may have to talk to some of the guys running them, would hate to stick a box in and promtly wreck a gear.

as with most things 'Chris will know' lol

Phil

Hey phil

I know back in the day guys used to use levin 4age c52/56 gearboxes as they have the same ratios as starlet c52/56 gearboxes.....but had a shorter final drive of 4.3

Seemed to be used on mildly powered starlets to keep them in the revs and build power faster

You will need to use the starlet bellhousing

• 5 months later...

The Manchester lads now have a c64 oem lsd gearbox. I believe the LSD is the OEM starlet one not C64

"stronger gear contact surface area the same as the c52, the syncro same as the c52/c56, the internal shaft bearings and shafts thicker, plus the gear set (spaces inbetween gearing closer with a high final drive means less loading threw each gear (easier to rev) less stresses on gears"

So it may not be any stronger than a c52

I've heard the lotus guys are still going through synchros when running these hard. So atill having to split boxes regularly

Granted they are usually running enough torque to totally strip gears

Phil