Definatly straight mate. Still absolutely love this car :/

These and Celicas don't respond well to being de catted. They get huge boost creep in 3rd. I spent nearly 2k on a full system and had to have a 2.5" restrictor plate fabricated to fit between the downpipe and front pipe. Even when I was running the hybrid turbo I still couldn't remove it (this was all mapped on a motec m4 pro). The only time I could remove it was when the car was fully forged and running a big Garrett.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really thought about de cat for this car, I'm just happy to have a nice cat back fitted:-). Yeah I think your right lads straight will be more suited. I'm not going to have it over loud either, just be happy for it to kick in on boost.

I drove up to my local Toyota dealership to order a cat to down pipe gasket and the car got lots of attention, even top boss came out to see it then saying this is a bit of a rare bird lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Exhaust will be made up for me on Friday :-), decided to go to someone local to me to make the custom exhaust plus I've had exhausts made from him 3 times in the past does a good job.

Have been recommended to go 2.5 straight through, no need to go 3 unless I'm wanting to push out over 340 bhp, with 2.5 I will get plenty of torque.

I have bought 2 mufflers not decided on which one to use, on the left will fit better and will go straight not as long.

On the right will have to fit at an angle to fit, have had this style on my old glanza 3.5 tip looks cool however I'm liking the look of the muffler on the left it's different 65mm tip, my Mrs says it looks rude haha.

Here is a couple of pics outside ferodo 3 miles up the road from me.

IMG_20160522_175725784_HDR_zpsk5r5dkmj.j

IMG_20160522_175734693_HDR_zpspdrl57ju.j

IMG_20160523_150742160_zpsw2xc1kje.jpg

IMG_20160523_151038934-1_zpslvfblvto.jpg

Edited by mart1

The one on the left looks like this.Screenshot_2016-05-23-17-22-52_zpsubfhys

Haha, it does look a bit ugly but when on my car I think it will look cool plus you wouldn't see much of the tip when it's on, I once had a Peugeot 205 gti they had a muffler like this.

I like the 3.5 tip but the probs with that it would have to fit at an angle as it's 490mm, I don't think it will look good like that, and when I see estate cars with a big back box or a van I think haha.

One on the right. The car looks amazing mate

cheers:-) .

The right one was the one I bought first then realised its not going to fit straight and will need to chop a bit off the bumper underneath to bring it out a bit so you can see the tip although you wouldn't see the chop unless you stuck your head under.

Been having sleepless nights lol over this.

I had a feeling people would say the 3.5 tip on the right, it's just that I think to many have this style muffler, I like to be a little different this is why I have this car as it's different from other cars, just don't want to spoil it though.

It's probably best to just take them both on the day then I can get I better idea on what will fit best and look good when the exhaust is off, i think the blue tip will look good,if it's not sticking out much.

We get that you want to be a bit different mate, I think what people are trying to say is that blue tipped one is fucking awful and I dont even know why its even a thing!!

Its the worst exhaust tip Ive ever seen I'd rather have a tacky star shaped thing than that.

You've got a class car don't ruin it by putting that horrific thing on it. Theres a difference between something being out of the ordinary and something just being plain ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got my new cat back exhaust system fitted, and I lasted for two days with it being far to loud, it had to much of a deep base sound, it was turning heads and I could see people pulling faces lol was the worst sounding exhaust I have had, so I chopped up my old exhaust and re bucked it in to flange and fit my old back box.

The original back box also has a cut out valve just on one tip on the right so that's all back on working, sounds lovely now.

Here is a PIC of the new back box that had to go and how it looks now, just need to paint up around the weld around the flange.

IMG_20160527_154649859_zps6svcsaw0.jpgURL]

DSC_0969_zps10ufx9g0.jpg

IMG_20160608_102844175_zpsuaqxfhzc.jpg

Edited by mart1

It sounds a tad louder with the two middle mufflers removed, I like a single can too but that one I had fitted was just to loud, not enough meat around the bone, it was 2.5 inlet 3.5 tip 5in wide can, 7 inch can would be more suitable I think, might get another back box made up to flange up then can have a choice of the 2.

Mrs keeps nagging me to sell :-( .we have a family car so she doesn't see the point in having a weekend car lol that and would like here car back on the drive.

Edited by mart1