Flynns hybrid Glanza v

Call me Jase mate- really regret using my surname as my user name but it's done now. Yeh I know exactly what you mean love them but the lack of power is starting to get at me. Ah that's great if it goes to him then. Sold my mps to a good friend so still get to drive it now and again and modify it as he hasn't got a clue about cars.

Cheers mate just drop me a PM if you find it and it's not badly stained or anything- my light grey sr one is clean but aweful

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered a power steering res bottle off Dean before Christmas bit of a wait but as with all his stuff, well worth it!

Also picked up a Jdm steering damper :)

BDFE9EE2-1A53-4D4B-94EB-0BFED09A59AC_zps

8A7C5882-3264-4C2E-AC22-CA59F34F5F83_zps

Edited by Flynn
  • 2 months later...

Not posted on here for ages but I have been doing bits and pieces. Will do a proper write up when I've got a chance but until then here's a couple of photos of the weekends progress!

84CD1D86-AAB9-4FB8-B932-3E0740810AF2_zps

4C082866-2A01-4B18-A5FE-AB7F381CDF0A_zps

• 4 weeks later...

As always, long over due but there has been progress! Decided to tackle the rear brakes as they were looking pretty neglected and there was an advisory last MOT for rear bearing. First go at doing a disk and pad change as the ST185 brakes I put on the SR were already bedded in and just slipped together. Mad a bit of a school boy error and didn't wind the calipers back far enough but after hurling a good amount of abuse at the car I realised my mistake and managed to get them on along with some braided lines I've had for years. Unfortunately the bolt on one of the caliper lines had been rounded so I swapped the rear calipers and carriers from a rear beam I'd bought to covert the SR to disks but never got around to. They're still in primer due to japfest being days away at this point but I kind of like grey!

3FDF179D-F346-48A8-B4A4-DA35B6C748D2_zps

Also took the opportunity to swap the bigger front brakes over from the SR. I will referb the Glanza ones and it can run those.

EDE87196-049C-4AD4-8D37-E25ADFD4A267_zps

Because my whole brake system was being changed I thought it was time to bite the bullet and fit the Tuning dev abs kit. Now I expected it to be a bit of a dick.......long story short, take the inlet off. In fact take as much stuff off as you can because it's awkward as fuck. Hours later........

AAA84275-ED97-42C6-82E1-ACCE29265575_zps

So with all this going on the car looked like this on the Friday evening with Japfest being Sunday but little bit of stressing and it made it along to the show stand. Although as always I didn't manage to talk to many members as I felt like an extra from the walking dead.

B57193F2-AFE3-442B-B253-47B3F5775779_zps

B7B787CA-F3FD-4D2B-8E6D-DCF47517430C.png

4C082866-2A01-4B18-A5FE-AB7F381CDF0A_zps

Some seriously well looked after starlets on the stand!

Cheers mate! Still need to get my Cruise rep wings sorted for paint and more importantly get an adjustable panhard on but it's nearly there!

Not on yet mate, got a Cusco one here but I'm gonna give it a tidy up and the green treatment and then get it on. I'm only slightly out on the rear but sooner rather than later I think!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...