piggy back ECUs other than GReddy

while having a look about for what to do next, found on the Zisco website that there is a harness extension for the EP91 and EP82, says it is needed for a Greddy emanage but also a Unichip piggy back ECU? I've got a link for the unichip website if anyone is interested, can anyone shed some light on them for me? I've never heard of them being used before?

Unichip- http://www.unichip.us/categories/8-Tuner-items-and-flux/products

Zisco harness- http://www.ziscoperformance.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=36 (check product description)

Thanks Dan

Edited by Dansstarlet1996

Lots of different brands - all do the same thing, and intercept injector/airflow signal to modify the std map to run with your engine config/tune

HKS - FCON

Haltec interceptor

ECUTEK

Apexi

are all other makes - some are a lot better than other, pretty much depends which one your mapper is most comfortable using and can achieve best results with.

Are they all universal ecus? And would just need wiring work, or do certain ones work and not others, I read one of the other threads from yesterday that was about aftermerket ecus in an ep82 and the idea I got from it was that some use standard sensors and others don't?

Thanks Dan

ive seen the det3 online at a very reasonable £140 with a 4 bar map sensor.

do you have any more info on them ?

I dont im afraid, i just know they common in use with t-sports. Not sure how compatible they are as they use afm rather than map but its something to look at.

Ah okay I think I get it, so why do people use Greddy more? I just need one that's simple enough and will up my power a little :)

seems greddy is popular with ep82/91 because over the years members have gotten good results and more importantly reliability using emu/emb

they have been used on street, track/strip, circuit on the gts/glanzas

for the average build 4e/5e, emanage ultimate is usually enough to get the job done----tune fuel and ignition, datalog, raise rev limit, "launch control/step limiter", run auxiliary items using separate map, etc

now if you are building a dedicated monster and/or have access to reasonable tuners and well priced standalones----then staondalone systems start to look more and more attractive

if n/a....i'd stick with the emb....relatively cheap and should do all you want

but in all honesty...i dont think you will see much gains even with a piggyback

Yup

Save for turbo

Phil

Edited by Phil
  • 4 years later...