Fitting after market steering wheel

Just bought a OMP Steering wheel and removable boss kit.

Is there anything I need to worry about regarding the airbag?

Can I just remove the old steering wheel, ditch the airbag and be done with it? Or will I be plagued with awful airbag lights and the such?

How do people fit aftermarket steering wheels. Sorry if this has been covered just couldn't find anything to obvious about the air bag lights?

Sounds like the resistor is the best bet!

Will get over to daemon tweaks. Thanks.

I think for MOT the test includes seeing the airbag light come on on ignition. So if the bulb isn't there I guess it can't pass this bit?

the garage i work at has failed a MOT because of bulbs missing, so probably not the best idea

Well over here if there's a non airbag wheel in the car and there's no airbag light on the dash it's grand

There hardly gona take out your cluster anyway

Edited by ChrisssAhhh

I swear mine was only like £4.50! And if it's the same as mine it has two thin metal prongs on both wires which you simply plug into the existing airbag plug and boom is world as normal and makes it think the airbag is there as all it does is loop back on itself

Just updated my progress thread with the wheel fitting:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/98169-4efejays-ep91-sprint-project/page-2

Could you PM me with détails mate? And what boss dix you get?

The airbag canceller I bought:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/bosses-fitting-kits/simoni-racing-airbag-warning-canceller-kit

and you need an OT-48 Boss

Got mine from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DUXYTF6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

All fitted and works great! I didn't use the horn wire as i've got a removable hub for the steering wheel so will be wireing the horn up to a button on the dash.

what did your garage take apart the dash on an mot to check if the bulb was in I've done it for years and never had an issue?

Part of the new mot guide lines are that the testers have to see the air bag light turn on with initial ignition then watch it go out. If the light never comes on, or doesn't go off. Then it's a fail.

But this is subject to testers knowing the latest rules. Ohh and sticking to them. :)

I'm sure you can find a delay timer on eBay and have a dummy light on for a few seconds when ignition is switched on...

Surley that's all a lot more hard work than just getting a £5 air bag canceler resister. Which i've fitted and works perfect.

• 2 weeks later...