• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't updated in a while because I really lost interest. After a few hiccups leading to the head needing skimmed more than once, I just had the head sitting in my house as a reminder to my f*#k up lol but I have found a bit of love for it again some new parts ordered and the head sent away.

So below are a few pictures of the wire tuck and the absolute mine field of wires. Also the new bucket seats.

Will be fitting my wilwoods today and doing new brake lines from front to back.

I also have some carbon fibre wings ordered from fiskè and in talks about some other carbon goodies from them but that will have to wait to see what that is

D18ECF92-B568-4BFB-8E05-BCE15F8338A6_zps

FB84D136-7613-4D80-B0E7-8C27CD70B2E4_zps

627F7E81-B4CE-42DA-9E08-ED60D3116889_zps

83F12E92-9BAF-4580-8E05-62B21312551C_zps

Yea went to time the car and done all the checks except " is there water in the radiator" the most basic check and I overlooked it. So I cooked it lookily not badly and the gasket didn't go however I removed the head and it needed a little doing again more for peace of mind.

Learn from the mistakes mate lol.

Well yesterday I fitted my wilwoods without the calipers because I left the bolts in work. However this is a burwash kit and I have come across the same issue that nearly everyone had and the drivers side disc fouls on the ball joint sligtly.

Apart from the little miss hap I managed to do full brake lines front to back for the passenger side as well as start on the rear bumper air vents and fog/rain light.

Also while under the car I noticed the fuel lines going into the tank weren't looking too clever so some investigation on fuel cells was done and I've found a nice time attack set up that I would like to do. (Picture below) although I will not be competing professionally in time attack etc I will be modelling the car from some of my favourite time attack cars and will be taking it on the track.

Lastly I test fitted the sprint hart tuner wheels I got cheap. They need a refurb but the fitment is a lot better than the borbet alloys I have. These sprint harts will be for the track so I'm happy about the fitment they just need new tyres and refurbed.

My mate looks far too happy to be cutting up my bumper.

37F9B8D7-B0B1-43B8-86C1-E3FA1837237C_zps

910D77FD-F9B8-4E1E-953C-E82842BDC49A_zps

7541992A-E1DB-4692-A3D3-037A3EC3C8BC_zps

583C37AC-64A5-42B0-9300-4BAE038A300A_zps

Done a little more on the glanza. cut some rear bumper vents and fitted the fog/rain light. not ceen on how the fog light sits so will be making something up so its flush with the bumper rather than sticking out however it will do for the MOT.

Received a splitter from trackday splitters and managed to fit get that to fit. I did expect more poke from the splitter but with them not actually making a specific splitter for the starlet I took a punt on the civic eg splitter. I could have made a template and sent it off which I think ill be doing next time.

ignore the front cut bumpers I have an idea to tidy them up lol

post-11583-0-15934800-1484308049_thumb.j

post-11583-0-53650100-1484308057_thumb.j

post-11583-0-81257300-1484308067_thumb.j

Edited by Dean_mc88

So this is the first of many carbon fibre updates. Pretty much speaks for itself. Some carbon cruise wings on the way. Some more skinning for interior control panel and in talks with fiske about some special stuff !!

My first time carbon skinning. It's not finished it's not as tidy as I would have liked and I know I need to drill the holes for it to fit. But here it is.

CAA676AB-FE4A-40B0-BF9D-84D2A918461E_zps

10C42D6B-76B9-426B-B305-DC72E4DEC096_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Tidy work, +1 on liking the intercooler too.

Cheers mate !

looks great Dean!!

Cheers sacha :thumbsup:

Looks good mate! Intercooler looks nice and tidy behind the bumper

Thanks Mate a lot of trial and error to get the intercooler to sit flush, meant extending the crash bar and making some decent mounts for it