5efte carbon clad submarine.

It was machined out of a block of alloy then pressed in. yes its hard as fook. I can feel every rotation of the gearset through my spine, but it does it job.

We've got a metal lathe now so ill be turning up some mounts for the sides soon, but Ill be pressing suspension bushs into the middle to allow a little movement.

The cars now fitted with these puppies + some custom spec springs. Their ZEP's

dsc00037sm5.jpg

Tossing up whether or not to set the car up for circuit. I need semi slicks + and oil cooler + re-tune for circuit and I need new slicks+ diff for drag.....ahh decisions :lol:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What polish did you use on the rocker/cam cover bud it looks amaze

About 12 hour sanding by hand then about an hour of buffing with tile grout and water, then just some autosol paste and elbow grease. The pic was right after I finished. I put some extra effort in for the photo shoot. Im not usually that anal about it.

• 1 month later...

Small update. Ive ordered some new slicks and new rims for them so while their being made I thought Id keep myself busy with something cheap and easy. Who needs a motec dash? :D

My new 15 L.E.D. 7-stage shift light. :D

• 8 months later...
mate im loving the car very nice. Have you uprated your gearbox because i was wondering how much power it take untill they blow. and drive shafts. if you could get back to me please cheers.

yea a serious starlet ya have der mate :) that intake?????where did you get that??how much?

Thanks guys. The inlet mani was a custom job that sloster in NZ made. Ive since sold it back to another member in NZ. Still using bog stock gearbox with stock driveshafts. Just ran an 11.2sec run @ 124mph late last year with a 1.6sec 60footer. The wheel bearings were worn out when I pulled the car down end of last year, but other than that everything is sweet.

25082008045dj3.jpg

Other changes, The car is now painted the new swift colour, kashmir blue and we added a purple zyelic pearl. We painter it in my friends shed. It came out pretty well considering. The car also now sits on 13x5.5" rims with 205/60/13 Toyo R888s all round. Ive been circuit racing the car a bit and its doing extremly well. Ive just dropped turbo size to try and get a bit more time shaved off but dont worry drag fans, still planing on cracking a 10 this year. Its a bit harder seeing as though the cars street registered and regularly driven. :) The cars also running a very large PWR oil cooler now and also a motorbike radiator running off the heater lines + water sprayers on the main radiator to help keep temps down on the track. Has new plenum on it. Stock runners with slightly larger tank. Hoping to keep the midrange power.

Cheers

Harry

1099buo8.jpg

willow080823jamboree342at3.jpg

willow080823jamboree339to4.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just been browsing your forums again. I actually forgot what a unique and entertaining forum you have here :D . Anyway I stumbled across my old thread and thought - Wow, probably should update this. :D Had some highs and lows since I last posted here. :D

Redline Gti Skid pan day out at lakeside last year.

skid.jpg

Painted the rims.

paintl.jpg

paint1c.jpg

Changed to a smaller turbo. Picked up over a 1000rpm in response. Made 210hp @15psi. Had to pull huge amount of timing. Still pinging at 11 degrees. Maybe smaller intercooler or bad batch of fuel. Also Changed to a new inlet with std runners and larger plenum, new plastic TB, polished my exhaust mani while it was off too. My tps died on the dyno so we had to tune without it. Also dropped to a very small intercooler to let the radiator see at least some air. Added a bike rad and also water spray with a 5L swift duel motor tank that mounts in the gaurd and a second overflow bottle just incase. + Huge pwr oil cooler from mundi.

13936950.jpg

36783881.jpg

cooler.jpg

The CARNAGE!

The engine let go in a very unspectacular way. Flogged out a big end, blew the headgasket and took a nice chunk outta the head with it.

04042009125.jpg

04042009131.jpg

05042009137.jpg

04042009130.jpg

04042009132.jpg

Not to worry though. Ive made a few changes while building the new engine. The componants holding me back should no longer be an issue :D

Cheers

Harry

really nice car mate loving the spec! but how do you get these big turbos your using to spool up fast?

one word 5e! its not a problem on 5e and his posted and polished head and intake plenum helps alot. this car is gorgeous.is setting up the coil pack hard?is it worth the gains?over here we all still use the distributor:(

<br>really nice car mate loving the spec! but how do you get these big turbos your using to spool up fast?<br>
<br><br>High compression 5e helps. So does nitrous. :D I wouldnt call my new turbo that big though.<br><br>
<br>one word 5e! its not a problem on 5e and his posted and polished head and intake plenum helps alot. this car is gorgeous.is setting up the coil pack hard?is it worth the gains?over here we all still use the distributor:(<br>
<br><br>Coil pack wasnt an issue. I run an autronic cdi uni so it was piss. I did it when I first built the engine so I cant say if there were gains. I just saw two other GTs blow the dizzy apart at 220hp atw and thought i better be safe.
<br><br>High compression 5e helps. So does nitrous. :D I wouldnt call my new turbo that big though.<br><br><br><br>Coil pack wasnt an issue. I run an autronic cdi uni so it was piss. I did it when I first built the engine so I cant say if there were gains. I just saw two other GTs blow the dizzy apart at 220hp atw and thought i better be safe.

savage.is it timed via crank sensors?are they hard wire in?i loved the idea of installing coil packs but never got around to it.ha id say i had more than 220atw in my car when it was built.no probs with the dizzy cap thank god.dyno sheet makes the turbo look very laggy.id say your greatful for them nitrous bottles:)

savage.is it timed via crank sensors?are they hard wire in?i loved the idea of installing coil packs but never got around to it.ha id say i had more than 220atw in my car when it was built.no probs with the dizzy cap thank god.dyno sheet makes the turbo look very laggy.id say your greatful for them nitrous bottles:)

Yep, timed of CAS that has had most of the teeth ground off. Wasnt overly hard to wire. That dyno sheet is from the old setup. After that it ran more gas and made more torque and 300hp at the wheels. Then I changed turbo and picked up 1200rpm in response. It now makes power much sooner than even the nitrous graph there. Cant wait to up the boost and run gas on it.

• 1 year later...

wow another year has passed :)

Been busy circuit racing a lot. The cars done extremly well but Ive blown a few more headgaskets and also the GT28. Running a HKSGTS turbo now. Also got another magazine feature this time in FF&R magazine. Just stripped the engine one last time. The blocks been o-ringed and im updating the fuel system a little then it should be all good for another solid year of racing. Below photos not taken by me. Im really happy with how they turned out though. The cars actually pretty rough being a track car that we re-sprayed in a shed but it looks alright here.

FF&R shoot

mg9418.jpg

mg9444.jpg

mg9411.jpg

mg9320.jpg

mg9381.jpg

post1717191268630531192.jpg

Engine should be back together soon and then it'll be back at the track getting in as much time before superlap next year.

Cheers

Harry

Just read the entire thread, wondering how I had missed it. Absolute beast, and that colour is lush! Looking good man, keep it up!

Ditto!! how the hell i missed such as awesome car is beside me. absolute work of slutty art! love it :)