5efte carbon clad submarine.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just waiting on a headgasket still and a surge tank to finish the rebuild.

stunning as always harry, good to see the car is still getting a beating :) , you got any pic's of the block o ring'd?

Yeh mate heres a couple. Its very very close. B) Hows your beast going these days?

img0048al.jpg

img0050y.jpg

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those tyres ar mental :)

Thanks mate. Their 13x205x60. 13's are dirt cheap compared to the same tire in larger diatmeters and work well at the drags with that kind of side wall.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As some of you may know. We've had some severe flooding in qld Australia during January which saw a friends house and our 3 race cars under 12m of water for 3 days. Its been a hell of a clean up effort and most things are only now starting to get back to normal and Ive had some more time to show the starlet some love. It was a tough decision wether or not to scrap it or rebuild it. This was my first car and has been with me for 7 years. I couldnt just see it rust away

13012011048.jpg

P1020054.JPGP1020055.JPGP1020055.JPGP1020057~0.JPGP1020058.JPG

2r4tv425tvb.jpgP1020472.JPG

The std cluster failed to operate so in came the racepak IQ3 full datalogger Dash It connects directly to the autronic sm4 and logs everything onto a mocro sd card in the middle of the unit. It has a 3axis g meter full gps tracking everything you could ever use on a race track. By far the coolest bit of gear on the car. It does track maping, live up to date lap timing, split sections and displays your predicted best lap. Theres also a world of additional sensors you can run driectly through the dash.

22042011180.jpg04052011185.jpg04052011184.jpg

Well thats everything up until now. It starts and runs perfectly. Just need to sort out a slave cylinder for the clutch and free the seized rear brakes and it should be drivable. Then I can run it in and get a tune. Its the same gearbox which im taking a punt on so we'll see how that goes. Still needs a lot of work/money before I hit the track again but it will get there.

totally awsome. you must have almost bought 3 brand new gts now. that flood was nasty and was sorry to hear about it. but your car mate is wicked hopefully that bad look has gone. love this car been watching it for ages

• 11 months later...

well probably should update this. It ran a 12.5 @ 105mph with 185hp on a td04 a couple months ago while at full weight. Ive since switch to a vf34, e85 fuel and gotten a little aggressive with weight.

Made some new door skins and installed some lexan.

14djd7d.jpg

Been experimenting with carbon fiber lately too.

Did some trim pieces.

15eermu.jpg

34zd3bc.jpg

Separated and removed entire std loom. Made new loom for starter, alternator and brake lights. Mounter my ecu and cdi and installed new 800g battery.

1hyrkl.jpg

Made some lexan rear qtr's. Look rather stock.

fkqptv.jpg

Carbon mirrors

11i304o.jpg

Got some dry ice to remove the last of the sound deadening behind the dash. Had about 10kg too much.

fy2xye.jpg

My first mold and my first piece. A headlight. Not bad for a first go.

21042012253.jpg

Still trying to patch this one up. Josh and I hand layed this one with no vac bagging and a 1 piece mold. Far from ideal but it turned out alright. Bit of a bodge around the vents but that was expected with hand laying. The Zep guards weigh surprisingly the same if not more than std guards. This on the other hand is a feather. Still needs another sand and clear coat.

01052012265.jpg

5gallon race cell and full carbon floor.

floorf.jpg

Getting re-mapped on tuesday to hopefully find my misfire issue and then it will be out the the track. Drag or circuit, whatever I can get to first :)

Edited by -Harry-