Turboing an N/A Standard CT9?

Right guys i have decided i want to go a sleeper route and not glanza rep my n/a.

basiclly ive been thinking, well i dont have LOTS of money and i cant see my car once behind the wheel anyway so i may aswell FEEL BOOOOOSSSCHHT.

I dont want any 'it will not be reliable' etc etc but could people please help me with my list for the parts i will need.

THE WAY I WANT TO DO IT IS REQUIRING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PARTS/MONEY. i only want STANDARD low boost on a ct9 setup. nothing OTT.

I appreciate all your input and i know you boys have far better knowledge then me!

THE LIST:

CT9 Turbo Manifold
Glanza Sump
CT9 Turbo
Some sort of management? (PIGGYBACK!)
Sump + matching pickup
Oil filter housing + oil lines
4efte injectors
downpipe and exhaust (current one won't match up)
Front mount (don't use a top mount for a 4efe-t build. Heat= More chance of det)
Optional is thermostat housing because you don't HAVE to run water lines.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE PARTS ON MY LIST FOR SALE, LET ME KNOW!

Edited by Lukee

Glanza thermostat housing

Some sort of management

Possible glanza injectors

thankyou buddy, ive seen builds where they ran stock ecu , not sure how?

im guessing wastegate wouldnt cut it right?

and ollie how much buddy :)

Yes use the 4efe ecu and get a piggyback.

Sump + matching pickup

4efte injectors

Mani, turbo, downpipe and exhaust (your current one won't match up)

Front mount (don't use a top mount for a 4efe-t build. Heat= More chance of det)

I'd also recommend a td04 on the same low boost you planned.. Again because of intake temps. You can then run slightly richer to get charge temps back down.

Yes use the 4efe ecu and get a piggyback.

Sump + matching pickup

4efte injectors

Mani, turbo, downpipe and exhaust (your current one won't match up)

I'd also recommend a td04 on the same low boost you planned.. Again because of intake temps. You can then run slightly richer to get charge temps back down.

Thanks mate very appreciated some good advice coming in :D!

Tbh it will be more expensive than a 4efte conversion but I prefer the higher compression for off boost driving.. Also means the td04 would spool a lot faster than on a 4efte

most running 4efte's go got around £650 , that doesnt even include the turbo setup, i belive i could do it for less then that as im basiclly just buying the turbo setup. also i dont have the room for a conversion mate .

Luke you will need a piggyback.. 2-300 + mapping if your not doing it your self...

Piggyback-250 + fitting

Turbo kit - (ct9-150, td04-350)

Oil pickup and sump-50

4efte injectors-30

Fmic-100

Exhaust- 100

Mapping-(200-400 depending)

Full 4efte engine, loom and ecu, 500

Ct9 kit 150

Exhaust 100

Surely you don't need a piggyback for a low boost conversion? Can't you just get a standard FTE ECU and splice the extra wires into the N/A loom?

Well you could mess about doing that but then you still need the rest of the connectors so you may aswell get the whole loom..

I'm doing it atm, 4efe-t with piggyback

Well you could mess about doing that but then you still need the rest of the connectors so you may aswell get the whole loom..

I'm doing it atm, 4efe-t with piggyback

Yea using the whole loom would make sense, my thinking was just that it's worth faffing about with the n/a loom etc to save having to lay out £500 for a piggyback that isn't strictly necessary, if you're trying to work to the tightest budget possible that is. I don't doubt that the piggyback would run the best setup and future proof it though.

im getting my friends ct9 setup as he is going td04, going to get a sump & try run it 0.5 bar with a 0.4 wastegate spring if all goes well, only one way to find out... BOOOOST! :p

If you do it without changing loom and ecu or adding a piggyback the only way you can do it it by running turbo injectors, rrfpr, fully retard the timing on the dizzy and unplug the lambda. It will run well but will be a pig on juice..