Dan's black SR (eventually project turbo)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's stealthy, painted it black and cut away some of the back of the bumper so it's barely noticeable. Also have a triple core half rad.

I was looking to take the bump strips off my red one but they are only on one side. I will get some on it though as think they look better with them on

Big update and pics tomorrow!!!

Haha you can live your dream through this build!! Only this one nowhere near as tidy and abused as a daily (60 miles a day). You regretting selling yours?

No mate not tried, found someone that will send a set for 20 posted so I'll get them.

managed to get a few picks thismorning of what I have done. As it stands it's just function over looks with regards to the engine bay, this will soon change but at the moment want to get it running 100% before I start tarting her up.

Still a little bit to cut off the back of the bumper as its not quite sitting right against the wing

9DDBF559-455E-4488-80B8-38086B09B306_zps

Gone for the stealthy look with the intercooler, the left piping lets it down abit but that will be going black too

99750BC6-3E6A-46D2-870E-8719EED1BFDF_zps

563DBD48-ACEC-4F5F-A034-63BE06650050_zps

Had to lose the Remus, gutted as loved the burble but have a stainless 2.75" from decat so wouldn't mate up

45005B3E-12E6-42DA-82E3-4774CDE79AD4_zps

Have these to fit when my pillar pod arrives

A3E42C4F-772E-41DA-A4DE-3124C3B6F5BC_zps

As said will eventually all be tidied up, in a low budget due to wedding saving and would rather was 100% before I started.

Next plans are to forge the spare engine I have and td04.

Currently running

Glanza injectors

Standard mani with ct9

Glanza map sensor

Civic half rad

Front mount

Glanza stainless exhaust with skunk2 back box

All working on det3 management

Will be adding the full glanza inlet next week and some final tweaking before booking her on the rollers. Hoping for around 130-140?

Cheers for reading

Should see those figures no problem mate. Are you going to get it mapped at some point? Did you have to change the sump aswell? With the exhaust it could be modified at a decent exhaust place or cut the TTE tip off and get it welded to a custom system like I did with mine- looked totally standard.

Yeh I miss mine loads but was no way of keeping it and would've hated putting the miles on it. Love my fabia at the moment although it doesn't have anywhere near as much character. I'm behaving for a few years so I can either get my gt4 back or get another one

Yeah forgot that bit, glanza sump and running a feed from the oil pressure switch ( used a T piece) as for water cooling I haven't bothered. Know a few lads that have run without for years as dailys so not too bothered.

I will do mate, the map it's running seems to be fine so I'll await what they say when goes on the rollers then go from there.

I'd love a GT four. Sound epic

Yeh shouldn't be a probalem without the water cooling mate. Who would you get to map it? I'd get it done anyway as then it'll just be that bit sweeter. Want to get mine on the rollers soon just to get a base figure before i get it mapped.

Yeh out of all the cars I've owned it's the gt-four I regret selling the most although I do miss the SR and ep95. The celica was a complete weapon at 403whp and for me they are totally underrated. It's mad how supras go for so much money yet you can pick a decent celica up for 4K.

Thanks mate.

Right been after a night of thinking I've decided (and allready sold) 😂😂

I'm selling my turbo kit and management (sold) but the buyer is happy that I use it till end of the month.

I've sourced a 4efte engine with 80k, has turbo mani pretty much everything bolted too it and it's costing less than the kit is selling for. (The kit cost me nothing as took it off the car I broke)

Anyway I'm going to chase 250hp and my aim is to do it all for under £1000 (that includes the 460 I paid for the car)

Right before I chase big bhp I'll obviously have to get it all fitted and working so I'll be reading and reading on ways to do it and bits of need. I know looms and stalks etc are needed so I'll get them and go from there

That sounds good mate, if your going turbo you may aswell do it propperly! From experience I'd advoid anything Ep82 as in wiring looms as it's a lot of faffing around to make it work. I'd stick to the ep91 engine loom, aprrently you can modify the interior loom to fit ep91 glanza engine loom, but not too sure how much work it is.

We've decided to go TD04 with 370cc injectors, fuel pump, front mount and emanage blue running 1 bar and looking to get around 220bhp anything more I think it needs to be forged.

Blimey that's a direction change! Mate I like the way you've done it at the min and 180ish in an 820kg car is more than enough. Do you need 250+ lol?

I know bud. I just really don't like the idea of the high compression with a turbo. It sounds epic but when I'm driving it I constantly feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb (could be the fact that I've built it). Fuel wise it's only doing 20miles less to a tank but really could do without the worry lol

That sounds good mate, if your going turbo you may aswell do it propperly! From experience I'd advoid anything Ep82 as in wiring looms as it's a lot of faffing around to make it work. I'd stick to the ep91 engine loom, aprrently you can modify the interior loom to fit ep91 glanza engine loom, but not too sure how much work it is.

We've decided to go TD04 with 370cc injectors, fuel pump, front mount and emanage blue running 1 bar and looking to get around 220bhp anything more I think it needs to be forged.

Cheers for the info bud. I'm following your thread there's 98spec loom for sale in the sale section so if I can get that I'm sure I will make the other looms work

Still got that omp wheel here. £45 posted if wanting

So... Sad to say the engine gave up thismorning, not sure what the problem is as yet as was on the way to work and had to leave it.

Sounds like it's lost compression as when turn key there's no note from the exhaust so possibly can belt?!?

I'll find out later and update

Accelerating up a hill bud, not fast.

High milage nearly 140k and just turbo'd it so wasn't expecting it to last long. I'll have a good over the weekend, working long hours arm so not had chance

Got an 89k 4efe sat here with new belts so I'll

Chuck that in for now and get to work on my fte. Big plans

Re the wiring loom situaiton, I've been doing some digging around on the net and found this website....http://epbible.weebly.com/wiring-diagrams.html it's got all the 4efte and 4efe pin out puts. In an ideal world you want this ecu - 89661-10100 it's a 2 plug ecu 26 pin and 16 pin the same as an 4efe ecu. The 26pin plug would be from the engine loom and then the 16 pin plug would be from the interior loom and in theory it should be a plug and play. At a quick glance the only pin I can see that's different is on the 16pin plug - pin 15 boost control and I think that was for the high/low boost button in the gt's but it wouldn't matter as you'd run a separate boost controller and external waste gate.

He's some pics of what I'm on about lol

0A34D25F-8A27-449A-8AB2-2113778710C8.png

4A1672B5-7BEC-4EB8-8E27-A2CC10DD51EA.png

There's on on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132084773039

But you might need the wiring loom to go with it, if not you'd have to chop and change the wires and connectors on the engine loom to fit the ecu. I'll do some research tomorrow

Or this one should work....

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/104702-4e-fte-starlet-gt-turbo-ecu-green-label-cw-brackets/#entry1205288

But it hasn't got the pins for the check pins like the other ecu has so don't know if that would cause any complications?!

Edited by Budnbass

No worries mate, I'm interguied how to do it the easiest possible way for future reference, I wanna drop a 4efte in an e10 Corolla I've got sitting around 😉

The only thing I'm not 100% on is the connectors to the interior loom using an 82 loom. Because it's quite different, that's where a 91 loom would be plug and play

It's not just plug and play on the 91 ecu mate. The interior plug that plugs into the ECU is different from the turbo one so it needs to be re-pinned. Only thing is the pins are different as well so I ended up chopping each pin off, soldering the correct type pin on and then putting the correct plug on. It's not hard it's just figuring it out so everything is in the correct place.

Edited by lukEp

Cheers for the info. The 82 wiring loom and ecu is green label. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Using Google and the link you posted on your build thread on the 82 wiring I think I'll manage it. Handy with a soldering iron and have patience.

Please please please get the correct loom unless you have days/weeks of time. I'm trying transfer all my turbo converted 96 parts over to my 98spec SR and it's a nightmare. Everything is different between the 96 and 98 specs, even the dash bar is a different shape/fixings.