Dan's black SR (eventually project turbo)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you fit that strut brace as ive tried to fit the same one with no luck?

what you having problems with bud? theres a couple of bits in the way so i put the passenger side on then pull back with the other end. fits perfect

Please please please get the correct loom unless you have days/weeks of time. I'm trying transfer all my turbo converted 96 parts over to my 98spec SR and it's a nightmare. Everything is different between the 96 and 98 specs, even the dash bar is a different shape/fixings.

really that much of a nightmare? hmmm reading all the things i have read i really do think i could fit the 82 engine loom in a day or two, the pinouts on the interior look very similar (more so than the 98spec). all a matter of trial and error i guess

ill be selling my turbo kit from my 4efe including det3 with base map. will post it up in the for sale section

on mine its seems to hit the black cylinder thing (fuel filter?)on the passenger side so it cant go all the way down?

put the passenger side on first at a slight angle, put the nuts on just winding them up a few turns. then pull the drivers side into place. the leverage will push the fuel filter back enough to get it on. thats exactly how i did it

really that much of a nightmare? hmmm reading all the things i have read i really do think i could fit the 82 engine loom in a day or two, the pinouts on the interior look very similar (more so than the 98spec). all a matter of trial and error i guess

ill be selling my turbo kit from my 4efe including det3 with base map. will post it up in the for sale section

That loom that's for sale for £40 in the for sale section looks like it's a 2 ecu plug loom which would fit the ecu I was on about. As Luke said though it would have to be matched up to the engine bay fuse box and matched up to the interior loom. Nothing's impossible It just might take some time!

thats the one mate. im having it friday with the ecu 8)

worse case ill just snip and solder when it comes to the engine fuze box. Done 4 years soldering amplifier contacts so im not really worried about that side of it. If theres an easier way ill do it, really want to try and do it without touching the interior and 82 looks like the way.

Soldering won't be your problem it's tracing the wires so you know exactly where they go, so you know which wire does what. There are no wiring schematics available for our cars. I'm not trying to put you off trying but it would be alot easier doing the interior loom than trying to rewire the engine bay fuse box. If you just get a 98 specs engine bay loom it will literally plug in, look neat under the bonnet and the dash loom is hidden away behind the glove box.

I should have sourced a 98spec loom. If I do it again. I won't be doing it the long way. I've had to change the brake pedal as it's different to the 96spec and won't fit as I've changed the dash bar and the steering column. I've lost the option of refitting the 98spec steering wheel as that won't fit now.

A 98spec loom and I would have been boosting by now.

Edited by lukEp

It will be a long process, however with this wiring diagram http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/wiki/EP82wiring/EP82%20Starlet%20Wiring%20and%20Connectors.pdf it should be possible. I'll take some photos of the 91 wiring diagrams I've got. I got it easy buying everything from one car but trying to fit Ep82 interior stuff in to an ep91 does no work everything needs to be modified to fit.

I see there's a few ep91 glanzas being broke on eBay have you tried them?

bingo. the fellas digging out the fuse box etc and having that too

yes mate found someone with 98spec looms but been chopped about loads. i really do think i can do this without touching the interior.

I've looked at that diagram and also printed it off ready. all looks simple, its just the 5 connectors that go to the interior connectors. cant be too hard as like you said on your build most wires are same colors.

Right little update..

Bought my 80k 4efte from a GT today. Paid £300 and come with this manifold, ct9 and downpipe.

Also has the clutch and fly witch is a bonus.

3A6EF663-40F2-42A1-8376-98A82CA961A9_zps

DB3195DF-40C0-4AD9-9DB0-F156015996D3_zps

Going to give it a good clean, change belts and service it before it goes in. Was also given a scoob td04 by a mate, little shaft play but will be rebuilt anyway

AAD19EF5-F88A-499F-B331-5D98126D3E3A_zps

Soooo.. Next stage over next couple of weekends is to take mine out and fit this with the ct9 for now. As said in previous comments I'm going to attempt to use the GT engine looms,ecu and fuze box (hopefully arrive this week) and not touch the interior. Most say it will be a tough job but I'll give it a go and if it works I'll write up a thread for people to refer to as will be easier for other conversions.

Anyway, until next weekend (hoping for good weather)

So my ep82 loom and ecu come today, still has fuse box intact but hoping not to use that as I'll splice into my light loom. Will be labelling everything up over the next few days using the link DUBNBASS posted. Pin outs are pretty much the same for interior so will be reading and getting a plan down. Anyway engine will be coming out sat, will clean up the bay ready for the fte on Sunday and start of wiring.

6431B577-E937-47FD-B1C1-63678EAD6695_zps

Edited by SRdan

Yeah bud. Fella said it was a 4efe bottom end on it so I took the gamble and its 100% fte lol. Come with turbo and manifold (will be selling)

As said I'll be making plans and jotting down what I do as I do it and I'll write up a wiring thread. Not going to be straight forward but will get my head round it

Have you checked the stamping on the crank? I know my 4EFE has an FET crank but other 4EFE engines just have FE crank.

20160616_155524_zpsav0kve0c.jpg

My FET crank pictured above. The FE has smaller counter weights were as the FET crank has larger counter weights.

He might have said it has a 4EFE bottom end because he's had it rebuilt with a 4EFE crank.

It's never been opened bud. No rebuilds nothing.

I will check though. It's Defo 100% fte block. He was referring to what is said on the block where the engraving is

Edited by SRdan