Dan's black SR (eventually project turbo)

Get it rolling roaded before you do any mods as it'll be interesting to see the difference on the same rollers. Yep I had the same delemna with the exhaust mani.

Yeh there's a few guys that have gone just over 100 but not many people seem to bother. 100-110 would be quite cheaky in an SR- I had a 4paw 95 a few years ago and that ran 100 with the close ratio box, felt bloody quick for what it was ha ha

Edited by Pikey009
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'll do that bud. I'll post on this and make another thread on the NA engine section with performance progress ect, might be useful for others looking for more power on a budget (what I'll be doing)

I'd love a g6 box but I'll be looking forever

• 2 weeks later...

Right

Not much to update on, strut brace has come, ct9 manifold payed for (standard one for now as will get it running right before I go for an aftermarket) ukso stickers on

Not had the chance to tinker with it or get pics as hammering overtime ( cushions the blow when more parts arrive haha) and it's always dark when get home/leave

Will be going for a front mount but unsure what to get. The eBay ones good enough? Even just to get it running ect?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it was the projects coming along nicely, how much would you want for it? It's the 6 speed isn't it? Do you know if it will fit the 1.6 4afe engine? My e11 Corolla could do with a new gearbox as it jumps out of 5th.

Yeah it was the projects coming along nicely, how much would you want for it? It's the 6 speed isn't it? Do you know if it will fit the 1.6 4afe engine? My e11 Corolla could do with a new gearbox as it jumps out of 5th.

From what I've seen elsewhere mate around £180-£200, and yeh it's the 6 Speed, not sure if it fits the 4afe though.

Hi all

Been a while since updated due to work and crappy time of year.

Anyway, got most bits ready for boosting now will be picking up my final bits Friday all being well. So this time next week I should have a boosted Sr 😀😀😀

Will post some pics up and better description as to what I'm doing over the weekend

Sooooo

Picked up this little gem yesterday for £580

3F1BDF54-5FDD-4576-A6F0-64B70B411B10_zps

It's running everything I need to boost mine and must say it does shift 🚗💨💨

I'll be using

Master det3

Fte inlet, injectors and exhaust

Front mount

Fte map sensor

Ct9, mani, decat

It's all already set up so will just swap all over to my SR and break the rest to get my money back.

Also came with wideband, turbo gauge, rev limiter and turbo timer

Progress starts 0900 tomorrow 👌🏻

Edited by SRdan

Haha I was originally going to buy this and do the same as you mate :p I had a few issues at the time that prevented me though but glad it's gone to someone who's going to put it all to good use :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did think that but got the Sr with every intention of boosting it so I'll have to do it. Easily put back to stock if needed and id imagine the all u need turbo kit would sell well.

Just preparing my knuckles for the job ahead lol will hopefully book it onto the rollers next weekend if it's done. My only concern is the clutch but I think I'll just chuck a fte flywheel and clutch on it if it starts slipping

Hi all. Little update

It's alive!!!!! Running well just a little bit of tweaking to do as when towards top end of boost it stutters a little Asif it's under feeling or timing may need adjusting or possibly even need fuel pressure regulator from the fte?? I'll get to the bottom of it over the weekend when I get daylight and not in work. Really pleased with it, having to cut the back of the bumper to fit the huge front mount was painful but will be worth it when running sweet.

Here's a little clip

http://rs86.pbsrc.com/albums/k81/hmpdan/003DD14F-9D9B-4D60-908C-F89A35BD2B46_zpsgdlivebs.mp4?w=160&h=160&fit=clip

Will post better update when get some picks up

Cheers I'm made up.

Got to the bottom of the stuttering, it was over boosting, was running .6 bar so knocked that down to .4 by blanking the pipe on the actuator and running loads better. Will look at getting a decent boost controller!

Tomorrow I'll be installing my afr, boost gauge and turbo timer so will get some decent pics up. So far buying the SR and turbo'ing it has cost me the grand total of £460 so I really can't grumble.

Eventually I'll get it mapped, the det3 allready had a base map on it so I'll run that for now untill I start adding more bits 🙈

Next plans are to strip the low milage engine I have spare, forge it with a slightly thicker head-gasket, and td04 that.

Will post some pics up of current build progress tomorrow