Finally Got Me A Glanza. Yey!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the car rolling roaded before any of my new parts were installed to get a baseline figure to see how much everything added to my car actually produced in real figures.

Dynograph

S8300584.jpg

well pleased with the results

Couple pictures of her at it thanks to JAY

rollingroadmarch08001eg3.jpg

rollingroadmarch08037hw0.jpg

haha that comment made my day bud. Just adding the finishing touches to the suspension/brakes list atm because theres no point building a fast glanza if it dont go round a corner and stop quickly for all the "wildlife" around these parts.

Really nice Glanza there! I never liked white cars until I saw a white Glanza with the Live Sports kit on and it looked lush!

Nice BHP figures its pushing! :D

and thats it with just a catback back then. cant wait to get her back on the rr see what shes making now ;) gunna be some surprise. because i intend to keep it completley standard bodywork wise. the only way that youll tell is the front mount and the ap racing brakes behind the wheels and the slightly squat stance ... wee while off yet though.

im really pleased to announce that after 8 weeks of waiting the car is finally registered and all road legal. just need to under seal her now then take her for a gooood long drive very excited. judging by the way she drives will be the order of suspension upgrades heheh

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well ive finally decided to sort the suspension and braking side of things. heading to the rolling road day over here on the 29th to see what she makes now at 1.0 bar of boostage. Keep in mind she makes 173bhp at 0.8 bar. i've also realised i haven't posted up the rolling road printout for that yet will get round to it. suspension and handling will be taken care of by a carbing three point front strut brace and miracle 4 point rear x bar and a set of tein type flex's. Brakes are quite exciting me though. set of AP racing 4 pots behind me 15 inch wheels will stop me in a hurry no doubt. :huh: pictures will come in a little while. and those at the rolling road day can touch them if they want hehe. but for now i can show you guys the latest update to the car until the other parts get here.

trdcfscoop4.jpg

trdcfscoop.jpg

trdcfscoop3.jpg

trdcfscoop2.jpg

thanks guys for the good comments. thanks jay, was good to get down have a look around a mecca for the true starleteer. im going to try and get a few pictures of the car running on the rolling road day maybe get a picture taken off the wheels when she is running to get a shot of the brakes in situ. only time will tell. about the x brace hehe not cheap but uber sexy!! i can't say where its from yet as i havn't picked it up yet so wee secret. but when it will be well documented1

• 2 weeks later...

well good news. some parts arrived.

orc 309d clutch kit should hold all the abuse i plan for it.

orc1.jpg

orc3.jpg

orc2.jpg

ap racing 293mm 4 pot kit favourite bit. (not fitted yet)

101_1147.jpg

caliper.jpg

tein mono flex coilovers

101_1142.jpg

101_1149.jpg

carbing three point hasn't exactly turned up yet but it will :p

pictures to come in more detail when the brakes are fitted.

well clutch strut brace teins fitted tried fitting the brakes but............ front right tein is fooked needs a rebuild and the brake discs are warped so have to be skimmed or buy a new set and the clutch has developed a funny vibration so that will will have to be checked.

• 1 month later...

well its been a while since my last update. its not that im lazy or anything.... but here goes. changes since last update are fitted tein mono flex coilovers, ap racing four pot 293mm brakes (mental stopping power), orc 309d single plate clutch, my jam fcd and a carbing three point front strut brace. to say there is a differance is an understatement. handling, stopping and go power is sooo much improved.

but i shall show pictures for you picture whores out there. ;)

Few pictures of the brakes. forgive the dirtyness. took her for a test run before pictures where thought of. sorry ;)

101_1209.jpg

101_1206.jpg

101_1208.jpg

Since the last time i updated i tidied up the engine bay a little bit. theres still quite a few things to be done. few bits have a date with a matte black spray can. carbing oil catch can still has to be fitted. have to relocate the air filter to bumper to get rid of the efi pipe and clear a place for the catch can. any help as to what samco bends i need to mount the filter face on to oncoming air much appreciated. red intercooler joiners and a few more bits to be hidden along with a few mikalor clamps to use not to mention the polished inlet manifold and black throttle body. roll on good weather.

101_1212.jpg

101_1214.jpg

101_1215.jpg

few things to do but im getting there slowly. what you guys/gals think?