Bluewater UKSO Summer Meet

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers. lol i walked allong the mile of cars lol well thats what it seemed and took pic after pic as i thought may aswel get everyones car in my pic collection on photobucket.

would be good if we put a front pic of everyones car up with a small pic of the owners in a section of its own on the site. just a thought as it would be better for recognising people at meets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have just contacted Bluewater with this statement

"Good afternoon, I was wondering whether I could arrange a meeting or get a response from Bluewater security.

Recently on the 27th of June, myself and approximately thirty other Toyota Starlet owners gathered in the carpark by House of Fraser for a stationary meet far away from all other cars. This is to ensure that no one is threatened by our presence and we do not agrovate fellow users.

We have always behaved in an appropriate fashion and ensured that we use the space for the manner it is intended. We often have a meal in one of the centre's restaurants and then return to the parking space for a chat with friends.

I appreciate that security do not want people zooming around the car park and putting themselves and others, as well as your property at risk. I was therefore wondering, whether as we are not of this mentality if it would be possible to come to an arrangement with the security teams to get a space where this sort of activity would be acceptable.

On our last visit, one security guard came upto myself and a friend and we had a civilised conversation for approx 5mins, as we were talking a Mitsubishi Evo raced through the car park! We do not want to see this either, I was therefore wondering whether we may be able to hold such personal events, even if by the police/coach area to ensure no laws are broken in which we carry on in our usual way as mentioned before, an if any trouble should arrive, be it from one of our members or another unassociated party we could contact the security team and/or the on-site police teams.

Thank you for your time

Simon

I would be more than happy to speak to any persons concerned in person, thank you."

Lets see what they say

Good job Si, and nicely put.

Would be nice if they actually gave us a bit of thought rather than just classing us as chavs with no intention other than to piss people off.