GBR Motorsport Demo Car #1

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im not sure lol

i do remeber hiting a huge pot hole a few months back and it was on the left hand side, the front left wheel seemed to take th worst of it and it has a big kink in it ;) :huh:

i have other wheels for just now but will need to new wheels before i change them back

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

this cars coming along nicely, cant beleive i missed a few different posts by you in here :lol:

keep up the good work, an i look forward to seeing the rear lip and bumper fitted too! - along with the spoiler :)

Bit more of an update,

Firstly some bad news lol, ;)

The last weekend i got stuck in the snow so i had to take my front mudflap off so i could get out as it was just digging up snow lol,

i went to fit it back on last nite and i turned the wheel to get to the bolts and noticed that my front tyres were competely fooked, not just worn down the whole inside edge on both tyres was through the the wire :D

If i had got stopped by the police i would have lost my license as it is 3 points per tyre, so i got rite on to fix that lol, i replaced both front tyres and swapped the buckled front wheels to the back so it stopped my steering shudder,

Also set my wheel alignment as that was what had affected the tyre wear and it was out quite a bit because of me lowering the car.

Now on to the good news lol,

began buildin up the boot for my glanza rear end the last nite so put up some pics :D:D

Photo-0037.jpg

Photo-0038.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

sorry about the poor qaulity pics all i had was my fone lol

Gary

• 1 month later...
Ok for some. Do you rent it out. likeing the astra by the way. whos is that ?

Ye i half the rent each month with my brother, its a new built garage so has hot water etc :thumbsup:

The astra is shared between me and my bro again lol, its mainly for a track car, was taken off the road months ago

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Update 10/02/09

Ive been collecting more parts for the conversion now but havent really updated on anything,

I only need a few things now to be ready for the conversion to begin :D

Well last saturday i bought a set of d2 coilovers second hand which had only done 3.5k,

I could resist them and fitted them on sunday :D I was quite surprised how easy it was lol, it only took me an hour and a half :D ,

Ill upload more pictures off my other parts ive collected when i sort them all out,

New coilovers

pics003.jpg

Old shocks and springs

pics004.jpg

Back coilys on

pics005.jpg

Back suspension finished

pics007.jpg

pics006.jpg

New and old Front suspension

pics009.jpg

pics008.jpg

All fitted now

pics010.jpg

pics011.jpg

Also fitted a clear cam cover from SPS :D

pics012.jpg

Another update soon when i get a chance to upload pictures

Gary

@ Bourkey, Lol ye but i have to travel back roads everyday so its a mission 2 keep the car clean, just so happens i cleaned it after i fitted them lol

@ Asad, That sure is lol, got it for at work but brought it home for fitting the coily's

Gary

Nice work Gary.. but like bourkey said.. invest in a spounge :D Would move closer to town if i were you :D

Thanks for the comments,

I do clean my car lol, just happened to be dirty wen i took the pics,

If i could move into the town i would, i hate living in the country, to fecking dirty.

They handle really good but still need to adjust the camber slightly so i will go to a performace place to get them done.

Keep you eyes peeled for an electronics and brake update coming soon :D

Gary