Musical Choice  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

real hip hop. murs is a legend. the likes of common, 9th wonder, joe budden. and then rnb by the likes of avant, bobby tinsley, brian mcknight ect

commercial rap sucks major ass

Im in to hiphop/r'n'b and dance mainly. I like the classic dance tunes though not all this new crap thats out. It's too chavvy these days. The only one i like thats out at the moment is Toca's miricle 2008. Thats because it's a mint mix of the old one.

And yes i agree the new hip hop/rap isn't to my liking neither.

Bourkey

stop moaning about new hiphop... that moan is old as hell.

yeah ok most of the artists to appear in the last year be pish. Cough Souljaboy cough

but your not telling me that if ice cube dropped a record tommorow you wouldn't buy it cause its not classic?

i will add that i do generally listen to older stuff more. but i hate this whole "hip hop is dead" crap. get off nas' ass people.

lmao thats so true man....ross what you on about fella you secretlly know that old skool hip hop wins hands down...

glad to see some people into REAL hip hop

LOL Hip Hop is dead mate, when you have the likes of 50 cent rapping about "Candy Shop" and Lil Wayne rapping about "Lolli Pop".

2pac would be turning in his grave!

Just as well he was cremated eh?

i just don't get lil wayne tbh. he is sloppy in his rhyme style. especially when half way through a verse he stumbles and says "um eh"

lmao thats so true man....ross what you on about fella you secretlly know that old skool hip hop wins hands down...

glad to see some people into REAL hip hop

and cal, i agree that old hip hop is better, but saying that the new stuff is all crap it ain true.

hiphop is too influenced by club music these days.

hence why we get flo ridah doin well in this country but when you say slick rick everyone is like "who?"

so in my book this is how it looks

Legends

Pac,

Slick Rick,

Grandmaster flash,

Ice-t

N.W.A (and solo members)

D12 (come on, tell me they don't have skills)

Anything that has guitars and drums!

Metal (and every sub-genre under it :() , Post-rock, progressive, punk, screamo, grunge, bit of indie, a teensy weensy bit of hip-hop (got introduced to Atmosphere by defect off here).

Here's my last.fm profile, if you're interested.

http://www.last.fm/user/TehBluebear

Please ignore the ridiculously huge Soundgarden play count :)

Just as well he was cremated eh?

They say he was cremated but 2pac always did say "Bury me A G" strange one hey! :)

I understand what your saying about the new stuff. But to me personally I think its awful music, and the lyrics aint much better either. Nowa days you can associate Hip Hop and rap in the same genre as Pop, in the old days the good stuff was kept underground and thats why old skool will always be better. Only imo :(