Sad sad news for one member of the 'Ring trip

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ si's going to ask you to do his i bet lol...

Nice to see its working out for you mate :p:p

Things have taken a negative turn. I received a letter from the third party on the weekend claiming I was driving in the middle of the road and collided with their client! What the F...

Probably standard solicitor spiel but either way, enough to get me worked up.

The car was delivered to the garage on Saturday with high hopes but they have no well and truly been slashed. The parts bill / labour bill from the garage has reached £2.5k and this is beyond the insurance companies marker. I'm now waiting for a call from the insurance company to confirm the write-off value and agree terms.

I would really need a donor car to make the repairs much cheaper but there may be more value in breaking the car and starting again. I'm not really feeling the love for the car anymore after all this and not really looking forward to the prospect of the additional works quoted by the garage - new steering rack and hub carrier added to the list.

As it stands, if the insurance company come back with a decent figure today, I'm going to hire a honda blackbird for the trip. Mark doesn't know this yet but the 1/4 time is 10.3 seconds as standard. That should put a smile back on my face.

Things have taken a negative turn. I received a letter from the third party on the weekend claiming I was driving in the middle of the road and collided with their client! What the F...

Probably standard solicitor spiel but either way, enough to get me worked up.

The car was delivered to the garage on Saturday with high hopes but they have no well and truly been slashed. The parts bill / labour bill from the garage has reached £2.5k and this is beyond the insurance companies marker. I'm now waiting for a call from the insurance company to confirm the write-off value and agree terms.

I would really need a donor car to make the repairs much cheaper but there may be more value in breaking the car and starting again. I'm not really feeling the love for the car anymore after all this and not really looking forward to the prospect of the additional works quoted by the garage - new steering rack and hub carrier added to the list.

As it stands, if the insurance company come back with a decent figure today, I'm going to hire a honda blackbird for the trip. Mark doesn't know this yet but the 1/4 time is 10.3 seconds as standard. That should put a smile back on my face.

your right it is standard crap. they tried to blame me when their client hit me... i can't help but get worked up every time my solicitor writes me a letter. it just bugs me so much that she causes the harm and i get blamed cause it has to be the "inexperienced" driver.

i can't believe its a write off...

problem is as soon as a garage see or hear the word insurance. they bump the price up by massive margins.

good luck buddy

your bike = blackbird...the trackstar = hyabusa ;)

Seriously though, you're a legend if you ride over 2k miles to the ring etc and the alps pass should be out of this world for you...Adam and I don't care aslong as you're there on the trip.

Good luck, for what it's worth, it seems like a foregone conclusion now doesn't it? just going through the final motions. That bint who hit you, words fail me. >:(

I'd rather insert a rusty coathanger up my japs eye.

followed by a double sided nail file....

Just agreed valuation of £3500 for the car. All depends on what they asses as salvageable value for the car and want to deduct from the agreed valuation. If it's a low figure then I may keep the car and get it sorted or start collectin parts when I get back from the ring.

Blackbird booked, lets go!

i'll take a boat.

boat round the ring isn't it, be like, sup nubs, boats ftw. i can smoke a cigar and shit. me and rick will be there in our tweed jackets, navigating the ring like pros in our boat. mate, you aint ready.

i'll take a boat.

boat round the ring isn't it, be like, sup nubs, boats ftw. i can smoke a cigar and shit. me and rick will be there in our tweed jackets, navigating the ring like pros in our boat. mate, you aint ready.

ROFL

nah

4efte this

electric_mobility_rascal_329le.jpg

get a nice bucket seat on there... and that basket at the front, perfect for a FMIC!

you ever known how hard it is to persuade your nan to buy one of these?

maaaaaaaan i wanna ride one to school ;)

i'll take a boat.

That just made me lol. :(:p ;)

Shame that the Starlet wont be there, but atleast you are still gonna get the experience.