Dans ep91 N/A GLS

Hey

Got this a few months back, nice clean green GLS done 62,000, 98 plate.

Wasnt going to start a build on it as its only a first car and just hoping to get a few years no claims before getting a turbo or something faster. These N/As arnt exactly performance cars and after reading about this forum for a few weeks i saw that theres not much you can do to make them much quicker without a turbo. So ive done a few things to mine to make it abit more fun and keep it looking quite standard, im not really planning much more but i just thought id let you all check it out and get some feedback! :p

starlet1.jpg

starlet2.jpg

< Standard car as i bought her.

starlet005.jpg

< Added some matts to match the essential red aviators :p

Next added (spec list):

-Genuine toyota alloy wheels, including all wheel nuts and locking nuts.

> Wheels alone where in toyota showroom for 530 smackers, i paid 170 brandnew... ebay.

> Wheel nuts where 5 pound each and locking wheel nuts like 7.50 i think... ripoff from toyota

-Toyo proxy TR1s

>240

-Import sized plates

>30 i think?

-100w bulbs

>10

-25mm TTE springs

>50 used, re powercoated or whatever they call it/refurbished. +10 worth of fosters to repay my dad :p

-Tint on rear lights (very light tint)

>10 for can, didnt touch reflectors

-Custom exhaust system pipecraft, cat back stainless steel with 2.1/4" tailpipe slashcut. practically looks standard but sounds perfect.

>220 i belive?

-took off rear badges

- and ive got one of those red tsport toyota badges laying around but doesnt look right

- and ive got a turbo strut brace but need to relocate fuel filter to fit

IMG_51582.jpg

IMG_51512.jpg

<Before exhaust

starlet002.jpg

<Brother JAGs infornt

starlet004.jpg

<After exhaust, gone for standard look + nasssssssty scuff from previous owner, stupid people damaging my car before ive got it tut! :D

any feedback would be much appriciated!

Dan.

You don't need to relocate the fuel filter to fit the strut brace, just unbolt it from the bracket thing, I've put mine between the rubber intake pipe and the brace, just get some foam or a folded piece of cardboard or something between the brace and filter to stop them rubbing/rattling.

Oh and they may not be high performance rocket ships but they aren't slow, alot nippier than most people first cars. (Unles the GLS is slightly slower with the weight of the extra luxuries? But I don't think it is, is it?)

Anyhow, it's nice, very clean and the GLS shiny bits go very well with the dark green :p

You don't need to relocate the fuel filter to fit the strut brace, just unbolt it from the bracket thing, I've put mine between the rubber intake pipe and the brace, just get some foam or a folded piece of cardboard or something between the brace and filter to stop them rubbing/rattling.

isn't there a slight chance of catching fire doing that?

@ MJ :p

@ WallaceGlanza - yea man, saw them on a corrolla but they looked tinnnny in comparison due to massive arches and stock suspention.

@ ste91 - cheers il try that.

@ Galliano - 170, then 240 for the wheels but ended up paying like 80 for the nuts as they didnt come with the wheels.

@ DavidAshton - thanks dude.

@ Glanza Al - cheers man but after going in your machine, im not so fussed with this, i want the boooooooooooooooost!

Gangsta! ;)

Obviously the best GLS about.... :mellow:

See u decided to slam a thread up then Danny boy

Also noticed u priced up the rocket wrong...

230 :D

Im eagerly awaiting to hear what it sounds like with 2 weeks worth of bedding in

;)