Deffo up for that mate.. i get paid this weekend so happy days.. What day u goin out ? ill meet u somewhere then :D

Top banana ! and a small update too.. Put some decals on today.. I kinda fudged up as i put them on horizontal rather than following the window like they should be :D .. i still think they look ok tho :D

10022009287.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most probably be the Friday this weekend, might get out on the lash Saturday seeing as its Valentines Day :D

Looks good mate who made them?? Could of been a bit darker, and oh some bronze wheels would set it off now :D :D

Yea i might order some more as they were quite cheap :D .. Off ebay.. can do them in any colour u like. Also got the starlet, Glanza V and a free TRD 1 in bronze too :D

Ahh friday is good for me mate.. And yes i do need bronze wheels u git !!

And 1 of the bonus' of being single.. i dont have to spend money on valentines day :D muhahahaha lolol..

Also your sig, is that a close up of a bud ? :D

• 4 weeks later...

In desperate need of new wheels at the moment.. Thats the next on my list.. So anyone who wants a swap with some Grid/inovite stvi style 16's with or without tyres pm me please.. Im lookin for bronze ideally but am now also looking at white/gunmetal/gold with polished lip :p

• 2 months later...

Right.. finally back online after having no internet for a few months.. Bit of an update for u all..

Finally have my new wheels.. And yes they are rota (common) grids lol.. I went for gold with the polished lip in the end and im over the moon with how they look.. I spent all day sparkling the car today so didnt have chance to take pics but will do tomorrow.. Also got myself some matching gold decals which with help from my bro i put on today.. May not be to some of you guys' taste but i think they look sweet..

Now im outta funds and not working so thats gonna be the end of mods for now, until im back to work :)

PICS 2moro people.

I hope u like how she looks now.

Here's some crappy mobile pics for now, weather turned out shitty today so didnt get my bros digi cam.. Here's hoping for some more nice weather :lol:

25052009324.jpg

25052009326.jpg

And on another note.. Im sure im not the only person but just incase, the centre caps on Grids dont fit on starlets do they ? The hub nut pushes them out. Is there anyone who has actually got the centre caps on ? or are there a different type of centre cap that does fit ?

Hope u like.

They look awsome mate!!

Undecided on the decals but the more I look at it the more I like it :lol:

IIRC the centre caps fit when you put spacers on the wheels as the centre cap will fit over the driveshaft nut then.

ooo looks nice! not a fan of the gold stickers down the door, but yeah looking good.

the center caps on the grids dont fit no, which is really annoying but with some 5/10mm spacers they would be all good...also on another note i think there are some bigger caps for thr grids on ebay somewhere.

Cheers guys, yea im still undecided on the gold decals myself but i was having a day of inspiration and they were there so me and my bro had a go..

Glad u like em chaps im well pleased with how they look on the car..

Any benefits or downsides to having those spacers on there ? aside from being able to put the centre caps on that is.

Also its gonna be a while before anything else substantial is done as im still out of work lol.. Although i do have some Aero vu wipers coming and also managed to get hold of a complete set of Wind deflector clips from someone in Japan, They are on their way as we speak..

i dont think you will notice any advantages from running spacers, they give a slightly wider track which in theroy would help with handeling, but 5-10mm either side isnt going to do anything realy. more for looks and getting the wheels to fit as you want.

have a look here, theses are the center caps i was going on about:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

cheaper then spacers...medium upwards should fit fine, might get some myself.

Cheers guys, yea im still undecided on the gold decals myself but i was having a day of inspiration and they were there so me and my bro had a go..

Glad u like em chaps im well pleased with how they look on the car..

Any benefits or downsides to having those spacers on there ? aside from being able to put the centre caps on that is.

Also its gonna be a while before anything else substantial is done as im still out of work lol.. Although i do have some Aero vu wipers coming and also managed to get hold of a complete set of Wind deflector clips from someone in Japan, They are on their way as we speak..

looks nice buddy.

there is a downside to spacers unless you get hubcentrc spacers the spiggot ring will not sit on the hub, so the whole weight of the car will be on the wheelnuts, it has been known if there is no spiggot rings fitted to wheels or masive spacers been used is that the nuts/studs snap and your wheel comes off.

hope this helps

curt

• 5 months later...

Its been a while since i posted on my car so heres a lil update.. pics hopefully to follow later 2nite.

Ive got myself some nice gold Glanza stickers for the rear quarters now they still need to go on when its a nice dry day and also a nice new door handle to replace the 1 i snapped in the winter :) ..

Also got myself a set of R8 style LED lights which i think look awesome..

And finally ive got a blitz SUS filter and Blitz Bov...

As i said ill try and get some pics up later today of the lights :thumbsup:

Looks sexy mate those new alloys are about a billion times better than the old ones :lol:

Only thing I'd really critesize is the shopping list.... :lol:

Looks a big chavey boiii-ish if you know what i mean

But each to his own

Keep it up man :lol:

Thanks for the input people :lol:

I have been toying with the idea of taking them off but thought id wait until i got my glanza stickers back on the rear quarters..

As for the lights.. in my opinion i think they look pretty mean..and not over the top chav style.. to be honest ive not seen another car with them on around here.. ive not had chance to get a pic yet but they are in a straight line under the lights between the bumper and the headlight.. and they also go well with the HIDs so when on main beam are hardily noticeable so dont stand out silly..

Again thanks for the comments and hopefully ill get some pics done..