My 5dr N/A......"Bob"

As far as i know all starlets rev 3k at 60mph.....mines at 3k or just slightly bellow that

Fuel consumption wise, im not sure what made the most difference its had......

a new lambda sensor (amount of fuel thrown into the engine will have changed)

timing was reset due to a prior DIY timing advance that messed things up a while after it was done (started to ping like fcuk and drink like theres no tomorrow)

new clutch (so engines not reving faster due to worn clutch)

back box was replaced due to the old one blowing

As for the earthing kit, its still not finished need to attach the main earth and add a few more here and there the battery terminal i got is gash (looks nice tho) it doesn`t fit the battery terminal correctly even after its been fully tightened (starlet battery terminals are baby sized compared to other cars) so its not fully functioning yet

take form that what you will bro, its had alot of TLC not sure which made the most difference :lol:

A

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know all starlets rev 3k at 60mph.....mines at 3k or just slightly bellow that

Fuel consumption wise, im not sure what made the most difference its had......

a new lambda sensor (amount of fuel thrown into the engine will have changed)

timing was reset due to a prior DIY timing advance that messed things up a while after it was done (started to ping like fcuk and drink like theres no tomorrow)

new clutch (so engines not reving faster due to worn clutch)

back box was replaced due to the old one blowing

As for the earthing kit, its still not finished need to attach the main earth and add a few more here and there the battery terminal i got is gash (looks nice tho) it doesn`t fit the battery terminal correctly even after its been fully tightened (starlet battery terminals are baby sized compared to other cars) so its not fully functioning yet

take form that what you will bro, its had alot of TLC not sure which made the most difference :lol:

A

aye since we put the earthing on it does rev at about 2.8/9kish at 60. a good earthing kit really does help you will notice a difference straight away, a must do mod.

good luck with yer exams mate, should be seein more updates soon yeah?! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh biatch last exam today!!! thank fuck for that had 4 exams in 4 days!!! :)

Update the thread when i get back after my exam (3-ish) sod waiting till i get home B)

Asad

Heyo!

All done, could have gone better but i gave it my best shot....cant have done anymore than that. Ive had like 10 hrs sleep in the last 5 days yet i only drank 4 cans of red bull..... :)

Best of luck anup, you get and amazing feeling after all your exams are done really feel the weight lifted off your shoulders.

off for a shower then ill upload some pics of the little pile of parts ive got to go on

Asad

Thanks man, yh its gonna feel so good after 9th of June after my last exam B)

ive actually got a pile of stuff that was meant to go the starlet aswell i might post up a picture aswell :)

but dont worry ladies first :)

Finally!! got the hang of imageshack stupid photobucket :)

Some EBC ultimax pads for the front

12042010666.jpg

Pillar pod and two gauges, its not fitted yet just a mock up....really not happy about the holes at the top the seller didnt show them in the pictures even after i asked for detailed pictures

11052010694.jpg

GLS dial surround courtesy of Craig

11052010696.jpg

Searched an age to find this little fella, remember my old man having one in his car...brought back memories (many thanks to the kind woman at turtlewax)

20052010715.jpg

Got me one of these was looking for one but couldnt decide which to get, saw the link on jasons buggy thread

20052010710.jpg

FTE manifold (a big thankyou to idrees) thought i`d practice using the new rotary thingy majig. Sanded most of the casting marks off, was going to port the shit out of it using a gasket as a template but i decided against this due to the fact the head will need porting out to get any benefits from this so theres no point. I will be sorting the throttle body intake part but thats for a later update :)

20052010705.jpg

started to port it here but left it as it is, wont affect it.....i hope?

20052010706.jpg

Spare mount to kick start my DIY soild mounts project

20052010708.jpg

Flare holder, not got the flare yet but the torch looks cosy inside it

20052010711.jpg

After selling my beasty sub to craig, i realised i couldnt live without one.....luckily scutch was selling this sub box he had made for his white V (got the wiring kit off ebay)

20052010713.jpg

To compliment the compact-ness of the sub, i wanted a baby amp not some chav thing weighing the car down. After doing alot research i settled for this beauty. Now all thats left is looking for a 8" subwoofer lol

20052010712.jpg

Having sold my old 4" speakers to a friend, i was on the look out for something to replace them so went for these optional extra pioneer carrozzeria speaker/tweeter combo with the wiring to match

20052010714.jpg

Occasionally, one of the front sidelights wouldnt turn on (had to get out and give the headlight a whack to get it to work) these were got as replacements. Can really see the difference although when i held each of them in my hand they looked the same. Looking to order some more for the number plate.

22022010556.jpg

chart showing the light gradient

287410222o.jpg

Hand held comparison (cant remember which is which lol)

22022010560.jpg

22022010561.jpg

where the obvious difference can be seen

22022010563.jpg

Lights alot more of the wall at the bottom compared to stock

22022010565.jpg

And thats it for now, not fitted anything as of yet wanted to take my time and do it instead of rushing thru just for the sake of it. Got a few other things lined up but i need some bits before i can move further.

Hope you all like B)

Looking good! If you want the other two engine mounts (the lower gearbox and top engine one) pop down and you can help your self to some here. And if you want another inlet, feel free to come and grab one.

Yh ive got the same LED's in my sidelights and numberplate lights aswell, when i get my car back from the garage ill take pics of it if you want the number plate ones look like in the dark

and look at these B).... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-194-501-25-SMD-Wh...=item27ab41328b

Did you ever find decent headlight bulbs after?

Subs are the best... well mines a bit more powerful, and 12" L7 and a 700 rms Amp :)

how are you going to mount the tweeters?

Anup

Thanks bro, I'll let you know

the sidelights make a nice difference, I was scared of them melting being so close to the headlight but they seem ok. Nope haven't got headlight bulbs yet, the ones I want are expensive n I haven't been to have a look around for them (not really fussed tbh, i think it still has the original headlight bulbs in)

ohh my god!! just get HID's! :)

and if your worried about melting.... http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate-501t10...ite-p-1684.html

Thanks bro, I'll let you know

the sidelights make a nice difference, I was scared of them melting being so close to the headlight but they seem ok. Nope haven't got headlight bulbs yet, the ones I want are expensive n I haven't been to have a look around for them (not really fussed tbh, i think it still has the original headlight bulbs in)

Anup!!!! I don't want to put them on because there illegal...simple as. So many idiots have them on and I get blinded by them time n time again. So it's not something I want to put on my own car unless it's installed properly (projectors etc etc)

I lost abit of heart in him, seeing everyone insuring glanzas/gts for around the same price as my n/a was a real downer......but I'm back and raring to go with shed loads of ideas and projects.

Salaam bro, looks like we're the only green 5 doors left in the club eh?

Car looks promising, that manifold espectially interesting, looking forward to seeing more on this, cars looking great, don't give up on it!

Shafz.

Salaam, yeah just me and you left lol let's do the N/As proud!

Not many people have the FTE Mani so the gains arnt documented as well as the corolla

mani....let's see what I can do with it tho

Amjad i would have thought you would still be able to control the idle with the fte TB and manifold :lol:

Asad if your not happy with the piller pod i can swap with a double piller pod if you want :)