2012 Time Attack EP91

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

Fitted the engine/gearbox in earlier last week and took it for mapping but had major problems with the actuator not releasing boost so couldnt tune due to overboost, found another actuator bolted that on with it only opening at 1.5bar it was not useable. Made 254bhp before we had to let off due to boost spiking :blush: . So round 1 was a no go . Looking at a KKK k24 turbo with external wastegate at 1.2 bar for lower spool and no more actuator problems ! Seem to have all the luck lately but at least the engine is running fine !

• 5 months later...

Thought i am about due an update !

Plans have changed and Toyota sprint series is now a no go for 201. But for 2012 me and the glanza will be competing in the club class of the British Time Attack championship ! Check out my new website at www.gregjonesracing.co.uk

Changes on the car:

Full flocked dash with Aux switches and cut off switch

K24 being rebuild by AET turbos to their "motorsport" spec with earls connectors,360 bearing and fully balanced.

Manifold surface re face

Supra 470cc injectors

Front dive plains

Fabric tow eyes

Engine damper

Pictures:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Cheers for looking guys !

I know your not without an idea of what your doing but just abit of friends advice.

Concentrate on Aeros. Seriously diffusers and splitters that are actually designed to work and not bolt on pretty bits.

Got a mate running an mk4 Astra (gsi) in the current time attack and completely enialates everything down the straights but struggling to get on podium due to competition holding miles more speed through bends. Theres a VXR thats not running loads more then stock power (60-80hp more iirc) but got daddy Aeros and its difficult to match most of the time !!

Cant wait to watch your progress and hope i dont come across as trying to tell you how to suck eggs :)

No worries pal, i am looking into making a flat floor to make use of ground effect and also looking at tunneling the rear bumper. I work within Formula Renault and have worked with FIA GT cars for a few years and been to MIRA testing wing/floor/diffuser setups so got a few good ideas brewing just funds pal! Also need to get the thing quick enough to take advantage of true area principles lol. :)