2012 Time Attack EP91

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks mint mate, seen the pics on Facebook earlier.

Actually loving it without all the stickers, just looks fresh.

Good look this season anyway buddy :)

I prefer it all white too man! Got round two on the 4th April at barkston ( as long as all goes to plan ! ) If anyone fancys watching let me know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Update:

After having a major failure in the engine which was caused by no oil pressure, the head , cams , crank , 1 forged rod and all bearings are now scrap! So i am starting again! Pics below:

SDC11556.jpg

SDC11439.jpg

SDC11442.jpg

SDC11443.jpg

SDC11550.jpg

Notice the heat marks ! And yes i know the caps on the wrong way round !

SDC11552.jpg

SDC11553.jpg

SDC11554.jpg

SDC11555.jpg

fuckin hell man thats shit i have a forged rod at home the same as that sat on my mantle piece caused by oil moving away from the pick up (oil pressure)

i thought fuck it and built a forged 5e but i still got a baffled sump made which i think will hopefully prevent that from happening again maybe you should think about it

here is one my mate made !!

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

i have thought about a baffled sump before , but it was the oil pressure regulator that had snapped off so the engine was running nothing near the required pressure hense why the cams went also. But because the wiring loom was in pieces the gauges werent wired up and the standard warning light didnt come on either.My fault in a way but shit happens.

Was wondering if you still had this and stuff, aint heard anything from you in ages.

Bad news about the engine mate :D but its good stuff that your starting again and not giving up :D

If theres anything i can do at work for you matey just gimme a shout.

• 3 months later...

Quick update! 30 days to go to round 1 at Rockingham ,so thought better get started on the list of jobs !

Fitted so far :

Whiteline anti lift kit

Whiteline rear adjustable ARB

244LPH fuel pump

Civic aluminium rad and slimline fan

Oil filter relocation and cooler

ID-Workz fibreglass varis style bonnet

SDC11681.jpgSDC11680.jpg167379_10150383890070374_510170373_16828245_7069114_n.jpg163606_10150383892415374_510170373_16828292_6328468_n.jpg

I know ! About time is deserve some good luck with this bloody car! The list on the window is old but i have a new list in the kitchen on a white board just to depress me evertime i wake up and make a brew lol. Everything is on schedule apart from the scat rod which is floating around in postal system!