front mount recommendations?

basically dont know which front mount to get, have found a blitz one for ok money but not really into the butchering of my bumper, ideally i dont wanna touch the bumper but does that severly limit my choice?

any help much appreciated (have a 98 spec front by the way!)

Well your fucked imo... cause most of the fmic's have to be cut... but i think your taken the "cut" the wrong way... its merely just shaving the bumper back thats all nothing like cutting big fuck assed holes yah know?

Well your fucked imo... cause most of the fmic's have to be cut... but i think your taken the "cut" the wrong way... its merely just shaving the bumper back thats all nothing like cutting big fuck assed holes yah know?

yea sorry, just to clarify, i dont want the front of the bumper looking any different, dont mind what i do behind the scenes!

yea sorry, just to clarify, i dont want the front of the bumper looking any different, dont mind what i do behind the scenes!

As G-L said its more to do with shaving than cutting. You can butcher the front bars and cut them all out but personally I don't like how it looks and you get next to nothing in the way of performance gains.

The AB88/Jap Speed FMIC kit is well priced, works well and is a pretty nice kit. Had one on our demo no2. Blitz is also nice but near identical to the AB88. We will be selling a Blitz FMIC kit soon, used, good condtion if your interested. It will go on ebay next week so keep an eye and please don't everyone PM/email us it's going on ebay final! :lol:

As G-L said its more to do with shaving than cutting. You can butcher the front bars and cut them all out but personally I don't like how it looks and you get next to nothing in the way of performance gains.

The AB88/Jap Speed FMIC kit is well priced, works well and is a pretty nice kit. Had one on our demo no2. Blitz is also nice but near identical to the AB88. We will be selling a Blitz FMIC kit soon, used, good condtion if your interested. It will go on ebay next week so keep an eye and please don't everyone PM/email us it's going on ebay final! :lol:

can you fit either of those kits without removing the front bars? (behind standard reg position) what price would you be hopeing for on ebay with the blitz kit? just looking to compare with the one i've found.

in a nutshell i dont want the front bumper to look any different to how it does standard apart from a intercooler wedged behind it! sorry for soundin so picky, cheers for replys so far!

you wont.. if you dont cut the bars... its the back of the bumper that needs shaved... you wont see none of it... for maximum airflow the lads cut the front bar off the front bumper (assuming that the car in your avatar is urs "98 spec bumper") and it looks awsome

Exactly that you don't need to cut them, best to leave them. You just need to remove the bumper, fit the cooler and pipe work, put the bumper up against it & go from there. It's more the bottom part of the bumper underneath where you can't see as the IC pipes run down the bottom and just catch, not on all it does vary a little.

Will be going up for £250.00 auction.

Thanks,

T

Exactly that you don't need to cut them, best to leave them. You just need to remove the bumper, fit the cooler and pipe work, put the bumper up against it & go from there. It's more the bottom part of the bumper underneath where you can't see as the IC pipes run down the bottom and just catch, not on all it does vary a little.

Will be going up for £250.00 auction.

Thanks,

T

lovely, thats all i wanted to hear! cheers for the replys folks!

What are people's opinions on the HDi intercoolers and do they require much cutting of the bumper?

They require quite extensive cutting of a 96 glanza bumper, I can say that much. They are very much worth the hassle though!

HDI FMIC's FTW!!!!

+1

I agree ^^ Getting one next month :p

Good plan my good man, makes a heck of a difference when running higher boost.

Well after looking into it quite a lot then seeing what intercoolers fell (A) Within my plans for the car in the end and (:p into my price band. I went for the HDI FMIC because its HUGE, Well priced, has good (proven) gains, many happy previous customers and ok it means some surgery on the 96 bumper (that I have) but as has been said, the main cuts have to be made at the bottom, if you add a really subtle splitter (like a Laguna or even a new Leon one) then it hides this.I would say to take your time with the cutting, measure 3 times then cut once and just trim a bit back working your way to perfect snugness - thats what i'll be doing. Steve