How old are you lads with 4EFTE swaps?

Im currently 25, and i'll be 25 when my FTE goes in, its no secret that a conversion is more expensive to insure than a V or GT because its a conversion.

My insurance fully comp on the 4EFE 6yrs NCB, IAM licence is £474, when i add the 4E-FTE it goes up by 20%, so £561 or so. Thats with Flux, the way they work out the conversion price is simply a 20% rise over your stock price.

For reference, SiCaln priced a 4E-FTE conversion on his old SR when he was 18/19 yrs old or so, as u know he lives in Kent, they wanted £2500. So imagine tryin to insure a conversion in NI at that age, it simply wouldnt happen, hence why I have waited til the age of 25 as it is now easily affordable.

Phil.

Well to insure a GT this year in June (being 18 with 1 yr NCB) it would be just over £2k.

So obviously it goes down abit with another year onto that, aslong as it's not much more over 2k it shouldn't be that bad, I do plan on doing a few mods though.

If it ends up too expensive I'll just go for a GT of course but would love to have a sleeper, plus I like the EP91 alot.

Im 23. I got a quote 2 years before doing it for a laugh and i was quoted 2k with no NCB at 20 years old and was quoted £2k+ so i decide to leave it a couple of years. Then when i was 22 i got a quote for around £1400 so i rang them up for a haggle (always do this you get better deals!!!) and i got it down to somewhere between £1100 to £1200. I can't remember the exact figure though.

I personally wouldn't bother under 21 as it is going to be mega pricey, but if you have the mone to pay for it then go for it. I waitied 2 years as i simply couldn't afford it. It was meant to be around £600 n/a but i just had to do the swap :).

The thing about a swap is itis an extensively modified car whereas a GT or Glanza is already 4EFTE'd so it is classed as a standard car so is therefore cheaper.

Bourkey

I'm not paying £4k for a Glanza when I can get a GT for half of that.

If I buy a GT or Glanza I'd keep the bodystyling as it is, but I do like the look of the N/A EP91. I'll probably end up with a GT, I was just considering a 4EFTE swap because I like the EP91.

Well to insure a GT this year in June (being 18 with 1 yr NCB) it would be just over £2k.

So obviously it goes down abit with another year onto that, aslong as it's not much more over 2k it shouldn't be that bad, I do plan on doing a few mods though.

If it ends up too expensive I'll just go for a GT of course but would love to have a sleeper, plus I like the EP91 alot.

you people are mad, i would NEVER pay any more than £1200 to insure a car, unless its something like a supe a gto or a liner etc.

i really wanted more power when i had my n/a, but i just couldnt justify the insurance, so i just waited until it was cheaper, why dont you consider waiting another year and continue saving to buy a mint glanza or something?

i agree. lucky if im willing to pay over 1k for insurance for a small car. but it does make it awkward. bein 19 with 0ncb i get rubbish quotes for everythin. just buy an na and put the glanza bits on and let people think your fast :) then when its cheap enough do the oposite and go sleeper stylee

I agree with Scutch.

I had my n/a for 3 and half years before stepping upto a turbo!! Now being 21 insurance is quite respectable even with a ban on my name, should be gone in 2 years!!

You are more likely to get insured on a GT than a converted ep91 though

You guys must not be looking around enough for quotes, its sometimes worth using the price comparison places but when you find the cheapest on there you shoudl go directly to the insurer for a quote as its always cheaper/better deal./ I'm playing just under £1k for a Glanza with mods declared at 18 with 1 years NCB

You guys must not be looking around enough for quotes, its sometimes worth using the price comparison places but when you find the cheapest on there you shoudl go directly to the insurer for a quote as its always cheaper/better deal./ I'm playing just under £1k for a Glanza with mods declared at 18 with 1 years NCB

makes a big difference

It doesn't make that bigger difference at all. I've tried my details as Miss and MR and it changed by about £30

You must live in a quiet area then. In a village or out in the countryside by any chance?

Think gender makes less difference as you get older

However, for my n/a Starlet when I started drivig, was £1890 fully comp.

Entered the exact same details but changed gender to female, as got a price of £990

So yeah, does make a difference

The postcodes don't work really either. My house is in the sticks and is a C grade because the postal code (first 3 or 4 digits/letters) is a really big area. Whereas my boyfriends house is in town and is a grade B.

Grade A is lowest and F highest if i remember rightly!

The postcodes don't work really either. My house is in the sticks and is a C grade because the postal code (first 3 or 4 digits/letters) is a really big area. Whereas my boyfriends house is in town and is a grade B.

Grade A is lowest and F highest if i remember rightly!

More likely to be robbed in the sticks hun!

No-one to see or hear whats going on :p

This is interesting for me, as im considering the swap. Im 19 now and im probably going to do it in a year or so. Hopefully it wont be to expensive.

Also theres alot more younger people on here than i thought :p

Try Sky insurance?

Mitch

Also remember you can pick up a half decent Glanza for less than £2.5k these days! But obviously insurance would be an issue.

Rob I'm on the same lines as you mate :p looking to buy a second runabout motor after I've converted her!