New Look Forum + Traders Shop Now Open

yeah they've got that on MLR too, it's quite handy when working your way through a few days worth of posts!

also i'm not too keen on the number next to the 'New Posts' link, seems a bit pointless unless your nosey and read EVERY thread :p

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tis good but it won't fit my screen with the navigation bar at the side of the screen sad.gif

^^excuse to get a bigger screen :p

or if you use a laptop an excuse to get dual screen lol

Although i have a 15" laptop screen and it fits..you guys might want 2 change your screen resolution should sort it :p

im with you too. not my cup of tea tbh.

plus it doesnt fit on my screen with the navigation menu on the side, so i have to scroll across when i want to read a sentence.

the icommerce is ok though.

@Jay are you stil having issues with it all fitting on the one page?

Tis good but it won't fit my screen with the navigation bar at the side of the screen :p

im the same, it doesnt fit with the navi bar on the side... it'd be better up the top.

Will take some getting used to, to keen on it at the moment, but thats just because it's all new i guess.

Like said before, give us some time and all will be good imo.

Meh, not keen on the sidebar, when theres pictures in a thread you got to scroll across to see it all, not good when your trying to have a perv in the uksc gf thread :p

And once you keep scrolling down passed the side bar its just a blue space doing nothing which just looks gay and a waste of space.

Just my 2p :p

Cheers Enzo for fixing the fast reply - its my only way of doing replies really :p

Only other fault I can find is the iCommerce center.. I think I wouldnt much rather go to it in my own time than having to see it at the top of the page every time I enter something new, it would be much better with a banner like before.

Keep up the good work Gee :p

Sam

Im not a fan, the left leaves un-used space when scrolled down and looks messy.Plus the icommerce bar makes it too crowded.Prehaps the icommerce bar should be visable when in the traders section.

Im loving the new look and layout, one reason is because I have a screen + resolution wide enough.

Can see the mixed feelings but Im sure enzo will be tweaking it all to suit.

It has a more 'dark side' feel to it and is pretty compact and streamlined with the main site.

As for the extra space on the left Im sure we can make use of it.

Yes the gradient isnt long enough but only those with a sharp eye will notice.

It should be easily changed. Am also liking life without the banner although we could have some EPs lurking faintly in the background.

my 2p

Keep up the nice work Geo.

Joz

thanx for all the extra feedback,

right now im just fixing the issues to users on a small screans, all pictures in posts should now reduce enough for it not to scroll across.(let me know if they dont otherwise) so you can perve sparky

i need to fix the traders signatures then that should take away the issue so everything is presented cleanly on one screan,

there will be more information coming bellow the nav bar, alot more

ive moved the random listings box down into the table so its not taking up as much space

but after alot of thinking it will be staying there preliminary, as you will have noticed new traders coming to the forum

each trader now pays a yearly subscription donation to go towards our anual club day coming soon. plus this also keeps the forum free for you members as it grows. and random listings has been agreed as part of them paying that subscription as they get exposure for there parts, now it might not seam that big at first but there has been a hive of buying activity goin on in hits to the random adds.

as the shop gets bigger more items will be appearing daily.

i still need to work on the avatar bug,

but to people liking the improvments thanx alot, it might not be to everyones liking

@ craig the persons should have still recieved their pms.

@ rich the old skin has been hacked to death so no, but im designing an uber bland work safe skin, which has the links in the same arangement.

apart from the forum home page, all other pages should fit on one screan now,

if you could again let me know

Fits well with my wider screen, I did notice the reduced size on the traders, but it looks much much tidier now, i must say it looks better than before, by far.

Is it just me, or does the front page need a boarder of some sort, of all the Starlets in last years photo comps? Just an idea. Il cook up some kinda print screen with them added in just to show an idea? Maybe some kinda vote or something.

Just an idea to flow with, as said, il mock up an idea one :)

Keep up the hard work Geo, youve been putting in alot of work lately

Sam

From what i said above, turns out i got bored sooner than i thought, and made this

uksc-1.jpg

Ideas - comments - critisizms, all welcome.

Just an idea to bring the front page some colour and some light :)

im liking your idea. :)

the next thing im working on is a lightbox gallery for all those minted pics, but your idea has given me food for thought,

how did you knock up that mock, in photoshop?