★ Amjad's Sutāretto ッ ★ HKS exhaust fitted! :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muchos Gracias for the kind comments lads, much appreciated! B)

was it 3mm on the front and 5mm on the back?

Yup cost me £11 all in from Ebay

Perfect now as there's no rubbing, for the first time in a year I get full-lock haha!

Wheels look great. Was it that simple, Nitromors, wire brush and wet'n'dry then autosol polish?

Cheers Gal. Yeah I had to do a few layers of Nitromors, which is excellent. The wire brushing gets rid off all the corroded metal, so you have to go from Coarse>Medium>Fine grade. Then the wet and dry preps it for Autosol. Once you've Autosol-ed it about 4-5 times it should come up like new! :lol:

wheels are amazing which way they have came out

very good work dude.

fancy swopping cars with me lol B)

Thanks Jonny B)

Lol is that a serious proposition? B)

wheels came out well dude, you'll have to get them spoiler stalks of lmao, like like lil shark fin aerials B)

I forgot all about them until recently haha. I need to get some grommets and seal them up so water doesn't leak, not sure what to use as a sealant though B)

im sure most a regular sealant will work wont it? and are the body shop gunna sill them in when they do you bumper?

any news on the exhaust front dude?

What like a bathroom Silicone sealant? lol

Nope I asked about the roof holes, and they said the heat from the sun could make the filler sink and with welding metal underneath, it might change the shape of the roof :lol:

They said the same thing about smoothing the boot-lock too, where the filler could sink and it would be noticeable, so I'm keeping that now.

I just want to get grommets in for now as a temporary fix, so I obviously don't wanna use Tigerseal or something lol. When I have the cash, I'll maybe get them filled and Black Vinyl put over the roof!

I went to Pro-Speed the other day but there was only 2 guys working there so they were really busy, Charlie's supposed to be back today so I'm going down in a bit to speak to him! B)

can you not put like a fibre glass sheet over the holes?

and tidy, ill be in cardiff with the gf tomorrow so ill keep my eyes peeled for you lol, we gta go to newport road so she can go into matalan then probs head into the town

Wouldn't that be a bit flimsy though?

I'll do some research into it at some point in the future but grommets will have to do for now! Haven't really got the time at the moment

Ooh are you coming in your car?

Yeah as long as it all goes okay on the day! :lol:

Still anxious about the paint though, supposed to go in this Tuesday and be done by Friday but he was backlogged last week, and still might be! B)

wey hey good luck dude, ask them about the fibreglass sheet idea, see what they say

Yeah I asked him he said the same thing lol..The heat from the sun will make it sink ;)

I'd rather play it safe to be honest! Got some grommets on the way so I'll just seal the holes up for now, and maybe touch them up to blend them in with the roof!

hey looking good. how nice is the paint on that. i need some spacers to push them out a bit

Thanks Katy! ;)

I've only got thin spacers but the difference is quite noticeable!

*Update* SHE IS IN THE BODYSHOP! :wacko:

Dunno mate, he said it might deform the shape of the roof, I don't really wanna risk it.

Maybe it's just he doesn't do that sort of thing on cars that he works on.

As long I get those spoiler mounts off I'm not too bothered, may get opinions elsewhere if I wanna get it done in the future. I'm thinking a Gloss black vinyl for the roof, but that's probably not gonna happen for a while yet! Trying to concentrate on a few performance mods before the Rolling Road meet in July! ;)

wicked news man all sorted for japfest then ;) surely if your planning on a vinyl wrap for the roof then theres no need to worry about the holes then?? or would it sink into the holes

Just the exhaust left, a week today and I'm chilling ;)

Yeah the holes are about 10mm and there are 4 of them so I think you'd be able to tell! Besides, black grommets on Black roof won't be really noticeable :wacko: